Steam Really Works For Me!

Andrew 737

I have 'Really' maxed my settings and am getting Fantastic performance - I don't look at FPS but 95% of the time it's very smooth.

LOD 8.5

Clouds at 90miles (if I remember right)

Boats/ferries 40%

Cars 15%

UT2 at 50%

Water at 2x high

NI 1/2 refresh rate and 30 FPS locked in FS.

Everything else to the right.

No bloom, or self shadow and no ground scenery shadows.

I can fly in and out of uk2k EGLL & EGLC over EU Englsnd very smoothly.

The more I use this sim the more I am amazed by it.

I don't run my aircraft on the same PC so NEVER a VAS issue.

If dovetail ever updated the Autogen not to pop but fade in, I would feel I have it all!

Hi,

Nice to know, thanks !

Could you explain a bit more on this one ?

Thanks !

It really quite amazing the difference between SE & Classic.

I have my full cockpit and also desktop setups. Both use WidevieW. Low scenery setting in one PC and no plane and high settings in the other - done!

It really quite amazing the difference between SE & Classic.

I have my full cockpit and also desktop setups. Both use WidevieW. Low scenery setting in one PC and no plane and high settings in the other - done!

Wideview seems to be the way to go. But you're saying your setup doesn't work well on regular FSX? What are the symptoms?

I know exactly what you mean, Andrew. My sim has never run as smooth as it does now. No stutters and the autogen popping on my system is greatly reduced to where it's not a distraction. It amazes me and it never gives an error that it has stopped working on closing it.

I know exactly what you mean, Andrew. My sim has never run as smooth as it does now. No stutters and the autogen popping on my system is greatly reduced to where it's not a distraction. It amazes me and it never gives an error that it has stopped working on closing it.

Yes indeed!

I am yet to get an error of any sort too.

It's uncanny really. Let's hope it gets better with age and time now that dovetail are on the case.

Archived