Trees blocking approach to EGLK

eglk

Hi

Adding EU England to my ORBX collection I find a problem with my 'home' airport Blackbushe, EGLK.

Tall trees totally onstruct the approach to runway 25. While in the real world the land to the east of Blackbushe has some scrub trees they have no impact on air traffic movements. The ORBX trees require a very steep final approach making practical use of the airfield impossible. Take offs suffer too as poor performance aircraft would have trouble clearing the trees when taking off on the reciprocal heading... Could a future update see these trees taken back away from the runway 25 threshold??? Othewise sadly my home airfield is not flyable..

Your help anticpated with thanks...

Peter

Order No FSS0379922

Hi

Adding EU England to my ORBX collection I find a problem with my 'home' airport Blackbushe, EGLK.

Tall trees totally onstruct the approach to runway 25. While in the real world the land to the east of Blackbushe has some scrub trees they have no impact on air traffic movements. The ORBX trees require a very steep final approach making practical use of the airfield impossible. Take offs suffer too as poor performance aircraft would have trouble clearing the trees when taking off on the reciprocal heading... Could a future update see these trees taken back away from the runway 25 threshold??? Othewise sadly my home airfield is not flyable..

Your help anticpated with thanks...

Peter

Order No FSS0379922

Hi, please look at that topic relative to entries between FTX regions and OpenLC: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/81831-setting-your-openlc-entries/

Though it's not really a solution, there is a small freeware programme called Lumberjack,

which will clear the trees from the approaches for you.

You can find it at the Avsim Library, there are two versions, one clears more trees than the other.

The file names are agexcl_3x.zip and agexcl_5x.zip.They must be worth a try in the interim.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived