FTX HD Trees problems...

beechysflight

Hi everyone , i love the orbx products , never had a problem with any of it. Today however after downloading the new HD trees i just cant seem to get them to appear , i have tried all the recommended settings  , played around with different areas , kept away from airports which i have installed , also tried to change the tml settings which i cant seem to apply , it always reverts back to 1024. 

I just cant think of anything else right now. I have a fairly good up to date pc with a good graphics card , i have the sliders in scenery pretty much on full bore , but i still get the boring cross hatch basic trees.  

Anytime you make a slider change (which changes your fsx.cfg) the TML reverts back to default (1024). I'd recommend the TML editor. Freeware. You can find it here or a lot of other places. Locks your setting at 2048 or wherever you set it.

http://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/18947/fsx-texture-max-load-editor-v12197/

Hi Beechysflight,

HD Trees still uses the simple cross-style tree models, but with new high resolution textures. It is mainly a texture upgrade, not a model upgrade. That being said, the new tree textures should be much more realistic than the old ones, especially when viewed from close by. Would you mind posting a screenshot so I can see if they are appearing correctly or not?

Thanks,

Scott

Hi everyone , i love the orbx products , never had a problem with any of it. Today however after downloading the new HD trees i just cant seem to get them to appear , i have tried all the recommended settings  , played around with different areas , kept away from airports which i have installed , also tried to change the tml settings which i cant seem to apply , it always reverts back to 1024. 

I just cant think of anything else right now. I have a fairly good up to date pc with a good graphics card , i have the sliders in scenery pretty much on full bore , but i still get the boring cross hatch basic trees.  

Here is how to post a screenshot. :)

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/38447-how-to-post-a-screenshot-on-the-orbx-forums/

Doug

Archived