Monument Valley: Sunken Tarmac At UT25

TigerTigerM

I purchased & loaded Monument Valley yesterday.

It appeared to install ok.

I installed the update & new Libraries too.

When I opened FSX & set up to fly from UT25 to 43U, the Piper Cub was sitting on grey tarmac as if in a "ditch".

In the sense that shrubs and other scenery items &  a helicopter were 'above' the Cub, as if frozen floating in air.

Somewhat psychedelic.

I took off to see what would happen next & shortly after take off as I climbed out the scenery 'snapped' into shape & everything looked ok.

I landed & the runway became this sunken 'ditch' again.

I took off again & landed on a small air strip out in the valley & the runway was on the ground surface. No issues there.

So my problem appears to be with UT25.

I uninstalled Monument Valley this morning, downloaded again & re-installed it all, but there has been no change to what happens when I start  a flight on the tarmac at UT25.

I also checked FTX Central2 & tried running FSX under North America & then Global active, but same thing happens.

Any thoughts on how I can fix this??

Thank you

TTM

PS: BTW, the scenery is magnificent.

Add the airport to your elevations tab in Vector.

Okay.

I went into FTX Vector Config, Airport Elevation Correction tab & found UT25 in the "AEC Disabled " list.

I moved it to the "AEC Enabled" list & applied the setting.

Went back to FSX & loaded up a flight from UT25, but no change. Still starting  with ground level  scenery appearing  above, in the sky.

I tried flying in from 05UT [Oljato], the approach had the aircraft descending to a dirt strip, but as soon as the wheels touched it went down through the ground, as if on an escalator, until the wheels reached a tarmac strip with white center line markings.

At that level the aircraft landed & taxied, but the scenery around it was fragmented.

It is as if there are 2 UT25's. 1 stacked on top of the other.

Is the Monument Valley UT25 meant to be a dirt strip or marked tarmac??

Any more thoughts?

TTM

In searching other posts about subterranean air strips I picked up where one was solved when they went into FTX Global Vector & moved the air strip from AEC "Enabled" to "Disabled"

I tried that & now there is only 1 strip, correctly positioned on the surface.

TTM

• 7 months later...
On 5/18/2015 at 5:26 PM, TigerTigerM said:

In searching other posts about subterranean air strips I picked up where one was solved when they went into FTX Global Vector & moved the air strip from AEC "Enabled" to "Disabled"

I tried that & now there is only 1 strip, correctly positioned on the surface.

TTM

I had the same sunken runway problem at UT25.  Disabling the airstrip with AEC definitely worked for me too.  Thanks TTM:)

Laser

• 1 year later...

Archived