ORBX Activation Clarification

chumley

I just read something about activating an ORBX product on more than one PC and it made me pause to think.

If I have P3D installed on my main machine and FSX installed on a networked machine or alternatively both iterations of FSX (Boxed and SE) installed on in the same manner am I outside the EULA or is it a legitimate installation situation?

(Transferred from "reload" thread already marked as answered)

Related to Orbx activation, what about the case when I'm building a new flight sim PC in the future (resulting in new hardware IDs, etc), and I need to transfer P3D/FSX and Orbx sceneries to it?  They would be completely removed from the older PC being replaced by this new PC.

It is my understanding that during the activation phase of Orbx installer wrappers, the PC's hardware ID is transmitted along with my FSS order information.

Just trying to ensure I remain in compliance with the EULA at all times, especially as I now have a significant investment in Orbx sceneries.  :)

I've done that - installed a bunch of sceneries on my newer PC that were previously on my old one, with no noticeable effect.  Mind you, on the old one they were mostly (entirely?) disc installs, before downloads became the norm and I cross-graded them.  I'd guess on my eventual next machine I'd just have to reactivate them, and if there's any issue, contact FSS to confirm it's me.

I'm not referring to reactivation. I know you can do that. What I'm interested in is I can have a version activated in P3D and another in FSX or a version activated in FSX Boxed and FSX SE but on networked PCs - in other words not the same physical machine..

We are on a constant quest of improving FPS and a big part of that quest is new hardware. I think I have been through 5 computers now since FSX was released. But yes my latest upgrade is where I move FSX and addons as their is no reason to go back.

I was under that impression, i could use P3D + OrbX on one machine and FSX/FSX-SE + OrbX on another PC ??

That complicate things a lot .... i dont have USB conections or hub or space for Saitek Cessna setup, Thrustmaster Cougar+HOTAS(DCS) and Logitech G940 on one PC. >:(

But hey. I could of course use my  US/CA Orbx stuff on one PC and my EU+AU OrbX on another pC or another combination. 8)

Just another day at the Office. :-

Henrik

Archived