A Recommendation

SubOne

I have both Global Base and Global Vector now installed but should I also have a global mesh such as FS Global 2010 installed to get the best out of the FTX Global products.

Thanks in advance...

Indeed, the mesh will bring you a new depth which really makes a difference. I suppose you know that if you fly Australia and PNG, OrbX offers an excellent free mesh to add to AU and the AYPY package and that all the other fat regions have their own mesh built in. So you only need a mesh if you fly in the Global world. A good example not far from you of the value added by a good mesh, the string of volcanoes in Java !

I'd say yes, unless you only want to fly where it's flat.  The default FSX/P3D has variable mesh resolution, but in general it's not that great compared to Orbx regions.  The Pilot's FTX mesh sharpens that up to more or less region quality, and that makes a huge difference in most parts of the world.  I use it, and now couldn't go back.

Do I need Pilot's FTX mesh if I want to fly in New Zealand (later, after I buy it)?  I only have Pilot's Ultimate Americas installed, since up to recently, I've only been flying in NA.

Stew

The product home page for both South and North islands says that it comes with a 10 m mesh

Archived