PNW INSTAL QUESTION

pingair2015

I've just ordered NA Blue USA/Canada Pacific Northwest  to add to my existing areas.

Do I need to UNINSTALL my Olympic Peninsular Demo first?  Is Bowerman (KHQMN) part of that? It's one of my favourites at the moment, with its peopleflow etc.

I've also got Orcas (KORS) - will that needed to be above the PNW in the scenery hierarchy when it is installed?

Maybe this will be automatic but I guess it's best to check.

Look forward to hearing from you out there,

From Anthony (From Scotland - got ORBX/FTX for that as well)

• 2 weeks later...

Since my 7th May 2105 post, I have uninstalled the Demo area, as you suggest, and have installed - from the DVD - the PNW region.

However virtually all areas (not just Orbx/ Full Terrain) are now 'distorted.'  Problems include missing textures (blank blue bits), blocky textures, displaced rectangles (bits of roads and runways), trees in the runway, houses in the sea.  Not every feature is affected, and distortion varies between about 10% and 75% in the worse cases. The payware airports are hardly affected at all, though surrounding areas are so affected.

The day before my installation I was (virtual) flying in Scotland; I have the Full Terrain for that country, and thinking how good it all was. But at the moment I am grounded!

I am tempted to uninstall PNW and then do a System Restore Point procedure on my PC. (Windows 7- 64 bit) But before I do that any thoughts please?

I hope that I am raising this question in the right way, as I am still new to the forums, the rules etc.

Anthony

Anthony,

which PNW version do you have? Which simulation are You using?

If You do not have the current Version 1.80:

The original PNW DVD version came with V1.0, so add. patches are required. Please have a look into the Orbx support forum https://www.fullterrain.com/support where You will find the service patches 005 and 008 and descriptions.

Please do not forget to repeat to install the latest Orbx Libraries after any PNW patch installation.

Wulf

Many thanks for your suggestions. I didn't install the new libraries.

I had a half hearted attempt at downloading the patches but I was a bit impatient and don't think they were completed.

I'll give it a whirl.

I have great confidence with Full Terrain/ Orbx products so sure any defects are at my end.

Thanks again,

Anthony

Archived