Constant api.dll crashes at Fresno in FTX N.California

Jon Clarke

I have tries all different settings in trying to fly out of Fresno airport. I tried Default low settings and all appeared good. I then started to raise my settings to the normal high settings i use for all FTX regions. All was good until I tries to use the ATC button. That was the first crash in Default after I had added traffic to the setting. I also got crashes in looking around in Spot view. I understand that this is a potential known problem in P3D when one's settings are too high, but I am only getting this in N.California at Fresno (to date). My setting for example in Norway ("our most detailed" according to ORBX) is very high, autogen on Extremely dense buildings, and very dense vegetation, unlimited FPS and normally in the 40's FPS when flying. Traffic (MyTraffic6) set at 30% airlines. All is great in all the country and regions with my high settings except for California. 

Is there something different in California? I was wondering if I was getting a conflict with Traffic as i have the FTX NA traffic as active as well as My Traffic. I notice that because MyTraffic bgl's are contained within MyTraffic files and not scenery\world\scenery that maybe FTX NA was not closing MyTraffic6 when i go into the NA AI control panel therefore causing a conflict?

I had no problem at San Francisco nor Sacremento that I can recall, only Fresno. It has now become a bug to me as I am determined to fly successfully out of there !

Can anyone help and advise as to what I can do? Thanks

I have now discovered a couple of things regarding my problem

1. Having buildings on Extreme Density was too much for my PC, as per the SP1 pdf regarding wind turbines etc.

2. My main problem now is that if I add any GA AI at all I get an api.dll crash.

I can now fly Fresno with 20% Airliners but even if I set airliners to zero and change GA to 5% I get a crash. This does not happen in any other scenery I have whether FTX or otherwise. I have tried removing FTX NA AI and only having MyTraffic 6 operating, have tried removing MyTraffic and only using FTX NA AI but the same result.

Can an ORBX person please help with any actions I could try please, and/or anyone who has N.California, My Traffic 6 and FTX NA AI installed try a flight from Fresno and report back? 

Hi,

I guess all your problem is linked to MyTraffic. Uncompleted uninstall often make FSX crashing. I can suggest you to investigate in that way and ask the question to the editor.

Archived