NZ South Island

Hi,

I'm running all my version in the Steam edition now, so I don't really know if my problem is Steam related or not. I have Global Vector and a number of European products loaded as well as North Island.

I've just installed the NZ South Island and tried Queenstown as my first departure airfield. However it seem to have positioned itself about 50ft down in a canyon. I tried from Christchurch and that was fine the went back to Queenstown and again the runways appear below the surface. Anybody got a quick fix ?

After the download took about 4hours (yes really) I'm a bit miffed.

Hi there,

airport elevation issues like that typically indicate a conflict with another add-on; check your add-on scenery folders or run a search of your entire folder tree for .bgl files with NZQN as part of their names. There should be a number of those files in the FTX_NZSI... folders as well as a ADE_FTX_NZSI_NZQN_elevation_adjustment in \Scenery\World\scenery. Anything else could be a potential conflict. You can take a screenshot of the search result, with full file names and folder paths, and post it here for further assiatance.

Also, in case you haven't done so already, make sure to install the current Orbx libraries: https://www.fullterrain.com/support#Orbxlibs

Cheers, Holger

Hi,

This is the output from my Orbx folder in the H: drive where I've installed FSX:SE. However I've just noticed something strange. The FTX:Central2 has the South Island listed as loaded BUT when I've checked the scenery library in SE they do not appear. Something ain't kosher.

Scenery_Library_1.jpg

File_Search_1.jpg

After noticing the files weren't in the FSX scenery library I manually loaded them, corrected the insertion point and everything is now Hunky Dory and looking great.  ::)

I does beg the question though why they didn't load correctly in the first place. I'd adjusted the registry entry for the default location of FSX a month or so back, and all other ORBX products have loaded without issue. The wrapper loaded it correctly, however it obviously didn't adjust the .cfg file .... strange.

Unless, maybe, perhaps I forgot to run the installation .exe with administrator rights ? :-

If sceneries are not automatically added to the library you can either switch regions in FTX Central which will force a reload or go to the /ORBX/Scripts folder and run FTXConfigurator.exe to re-add items to the library. Note that FTXConfigurator runs silently.

Archived