Is it the end for upgrades for XP systems?

wilevs2

I purchased HD trees (FSS0370419) in April but ran into problems and error messages when Central V2  install was run.  It seems NET 4.5 is required as part of this and, or, HD trees and this won't run on an XP system.

I currently still have Central V1 and have just copied over the HD tree files as per the information on the forum and things are running reasonably well.

The question is, will future library updates try and install components that are beyond the capacity of an XP based system?  Was the attempted install of Central V2 part of HD trees or the Library update?

I do hope to replace my system at some point, but for now I am operating at the limit and would prefer not to fall over the edge!

Advice appreciated.

Regards,

Will Evans.

OK, to be clear.  To date I have installed over a dozen ORBX products, purchased from different suppliers, on my dual-core XP based system.  Along with multiple library updates, everything worked just fine.  Until the latest purchase of HD trees and the subsequent update with Central V2, that is ( which threw up error messages and did not install ).  

I would appreciate an answer as to whether or not XP based systems can handle any further product or library updates which require .NET 4.5 which we cannot run.

Thank you.

Regards,

Will Evans.

FSS0159033, FSS0198491, FSS0205461, FSS0370419, FSS0109939, FSS0110431, FSS0080211, FSS0111682, 588847 etc.

Hi Will,

Sorry about my slow reply - this post slipped by.

Yes, future library updates will try and install FTX Central v2. I would recommend you upgrade your operating system to Windows 7 or above as any future products might use features that are provided in FTX Central v2.

FTX Central v2 is bundled with both FTX Trees HD and the latest Orbx Libraries (and will be in all future library updates too).

Please let me know if you have any further questions, or you would like me to clarify anything.

Thanks, Ben,

That confirms I have reached the end of the line with this system, but I can't complain as I have had years of enjoyment out of it. I suppose I will squeeze a bit more time out of it yet, but I won't attempt any more changes or add-ons.   Looking forward to the next generation machine and Global etc

Regards.

Will.

Archived