Yosemite download,zip empty

Daveroo

Hey all,

ive tried to download Yosemite several times in the past weeks...each time i try to open the zip and install it,i get a notice that says the zip file is empty,and tells me to move the folders and files to the zip..as i type,i wonder..is this an issue with the yosemite package and win 8.1?..meaning win 8.1 wont "see" the files inside the zip?...

anyway id like some advice on this...or maybe im reporting an issue on your end?...dunno..

Dave

Hi Dave,

whenever you download a zip file of ours don't run the installer.exe from within the zip but rather extract the archive first to a temporary folder of your choosing.

If that's not the issue and the zip itself is actually incomplete (it should be 477 MB, or 500,863,598 bytes) did you try all three download options? Also, see http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/82288-corrupt-download-cant-unzip-please-read-here/

Cheers, Holger

Holger,

thank you much,this is a new pc with win8.1,and i was told to always use the windows extractor ,big mistack i see....thank you for the push..makes sence..but i wont use a file downloader thing...the last couple times i used one..it messed up my pc...

BUT..i changed the download thing..fxt or cloud whatever those are.. 8) and it worked great..i know have it in the sim...thank ou again..Dave...oh i did use the free winzip..gonna have to buy that...

Archived