Strange messages

Hi all, FSX Steam had been going ok and the only difference between then and now is that i installed Orbx Trees, and maybe an update by Steam. Now I get 2 error messages. First one when I start FSX, " The module ObjectFlow.dll has not been tested for compatability with the FS version you have installed.

Your version is 10.0.62613.0 . If you run the module, it may cause problems or a crash.

Run the module now.

Two boxes at the bottom say, Run once and Don't run.

The second box appears when i went to fly my A2a 182,

Comes up saying F1 GTN Error

Incompatable simulator version, current version 10.0.62613.0 (FSX.20150331-0941), these gauges will

only work with FSX SP2/Acceleration or Steam Edition. You are either running them in the newer (unsupported) version or in P3D.

I don't have P3d only Steam FSX. The box version has been uninstalled and steam had been running ok.

Not sure whats going on but hopefully someone can help. Thanks Brett.

ObjectFlow has been updated for the 10.0.62613.0 version of FSX:SE.

Simply start FSX and allow the update to take place, once done, accept the new DLL.

As to the other messages, you'll need to wait for the other vendors to update their DLLs

It would be helpful if the objectflow update box could show that it was associated with Orbx for all versions of FSX, not just FSX SE.

It just appeared today with me for the first time. I had no idea what it was, where it came from, what it did, if I needed it, or if it was safe to install. Still not sure but on the basis of this thread I updated.

Fingers crossed. 

Since updating, Simconnect to a client PC running AS2012 no longer works. 

I wish that Orbx would be a bit more open about objectflow. In the meantime, on the basis of my experience, if your system is running well and you use Simconnect, don't update.

Hi

Since updating, Simconnect to a client PC running AS2012 no longer works. 

I wish that Orbx would be a bit more open about objectflow. In the meantime, on the basis of my experience, if your system is running well and you use Simconnect, don't update.

I feel that I have to point out that the changes were instigated by Steam on their sim client FSX-SE and Orbx were only reacting to this change to allow their software to continue to run on it.

Orbx were in my opinion very quick to react which says a lot for them and in my own case I updated my rig without any problem.

Kind regards

Ian

Hi

I feel that I have to point out that the changes were instigated by Steam on their sim client FSX-SE and Orbx were only reacting to this change to allow their software to continue to run on it.

Orbx were in my opinion very quick to react which says a lot for them and in my own case I updated my rig without any problem.

Kind regards

Ian

I have a standard FSXA install on a separate PC. If the objectflow update was instigated by Steam why did I get a persistent update request on my FSXA PC? 

Just to add to the mystery, the update appeared to change my IP address. I say 'appeared' because although I cannot prove it, it coincided exactly with the objectflow update.

Once I noticed this and corrected it, Simconnect connected again.  :)

Kind regards

John

Each time the ObjectFlow DLL is loaded when the sim starts it checks to see if a newer version is available. If there is then the download is initiated and carried out. I don't believe it has the ability to change your IP address. 

As Alex said, the sim checks for a newer version and when detected it will download the new DLL.

Only the DLL located at ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery is replaced and it is merely patched to accept the new version number of FSX:SE.

When the Steam edition progresses with updates, we need to check our DLL if it's compatible and if so push out an update. As has been mentioned before, FSX boxed & Steam use the same DLL so you will see this message.

We have been using this process for some time with P3D without any issues or gripes.

Archived