GTN750 water not showing & what are those big sandy areas?

Jack Sawyer

Hello, I have noticed that the GTN750 in my A2A 182 shows oceans, rivers, and lakes fine but not estuaries from the ocean into the land.  Instead of blue it shows a light green.  Anyone else notice this?  It's just with my new Orbx stuff, England and Scotland.

Also, other question, I notice some ares below my plane that look like large sand pits with a couple of trees in them.  What are they?  

I'd post a picture but I don't know how to.  Any advice on that too?  How do I post a screenshot?

Thanks,

Jack

Thanks Ian.

Also, who can I talk to about the way I get email notifications?

It comes to me all messed up.

Then when I click on the link to take me to the post I get this:

bad url - reference number: UV_EKQNxFHB6SFWwszOfuQ

I don't understand.

Maybe someone will help…

Jack

Hi Jack,

What you see in the Flight1 GTN has no connection whatsoever with what you see in the sim. It doesn't read "GPS_hydro_polys" embedded in the scenery like the default GPS does, what you see is a totally self-contained terrain database provided by Garmin with the Garmin trainer. Try going into "map setup", then on the "Land" tab set "River/Lake detail" to "Most". That's the best you can do.

Jim

Thank you guys, I appreciate your helping me.  So now I know, it indeed does look like a quarry, cool!  I like the way it looks, at first I thought it was a giant golf sand trap.   ^-^

I wish I had the money for MORE.  Will have to wait a few weeks.  I'm gonna finish off the UK with Ireland and Wales then move to the USA.

I was flying over Scotland today and was blown away by how nice it looks, wind farms, snow covered mountains, very nice.

Archived