AU Holgermesh uninstall

troye

Hi there, does anyone know how to uninstall AU Holgermesh in FSX? It really messed up my Australian landscape - getting trees and houses in the sea and in Sydney harbor, as well as lakes on the sides of hills. I now want to go back to the fsx default but there is no obvious way to uninstall AU Holgermesh.

Hi Wolter, I am still trying out the orbx products and started out with FTX Global Iceland, which looked absolutely fantastic. I then installed Lilydale airport in Australia, but couldn't really see any difference compared to the default airport scenery, except that the dirt runway appeared slightly elevated above the terrain. I then thought it must be a problem with the terrrain mesh and installed the AU Holgermesh, which really messed things up as i got all the distortions described above. Since then i also tried to install FTX Pacific Northwest, but during the installation it gave me some error message (conflict with FTX Iceland perhaps?) and i abandoned. However, it seems to have affected global terrain as i now get lakes on the sides of hills and houses and trees in the sea everywhere, even in Latin America.

I am normally very careful with add-ons and apart from orbx products, i only have South African scenery and mesh software installed (by Aeroworx), but that has never interfered with anything and is very specific to South Africa only. However, i am now very scared of orbx as something which was supposed to affect only a small area of the world has had bad global effects.

I would prefer to install something, see the effect, then uninstall and try something different. If i like it i will roll it out in other areas and support the company by buying more of its products. However, if a product doesn't provide an uninstall option, it raises a bit of a red flag. I really hope you can assist with this as I would still like to try out FTX Pacific Northwest and Tasmania, before committing to anything further from orbx.

Hi there,

to uninstall AU Holgermesh simply remove its entry in your scenery library menu, shut down FSX, then delete FTXAA_HOLGERMESH in \ORBX\FTX_AU and also scenerylib_AU_HOLGERMESH.cfg in \ORBX\Scripts.

Having said that simply unchecking the entry in your scenery library menu will 100% deactivate the terrain mesh files, allowing you to do a quick cross-check whether the issue has anything to do with Holgermesh AU, which I doubt.

Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger, thanks for the excellent guidance - exactly what i was looking for. I think you are correct as i had an error (can't recall the message) installing Pacific Northwest demo after having Iceland demo installed and i abandoned that. I can't remember the exact sequence of installing AU Holgermesh vs Pacific Northwest scenery, but i was flying mostly at Lilydale airport around that time and I just assumed the problem had to be AU Holgermesh. I've since seen that i must reset FTX Central to default everytime I install new scenery, which I didn't do before.

Having said all of that, I uninstalled all FTX/ORBX scenery including the original Iceland and the problem went away. Then i started afresh and installed Pacific Northwest demo on its own and i was absolutely blown away - it is simply stunning and i think I cruised up and down that river near Bowerman Airport 50 times already - this is now my favourite new starting point for trying out new aircraft! I then installed your AU Holgermesh and was equally imressed. Even though it is obviosly not the full package as the scenery demos, there is a LOT more definition to the scenery and i can now see the tiniest hill and undulation. Flying around default Lilydale airport, i can now actually see the airstrip from far away, previously it was indistinguishable until i was on top of it! Very well done. The only problem is that my add-on airport (Sydney's Kingsford Smith by AUscene) now sits slightly higher than the surrounding area. I'm sure it is their fault as they probably use default FSX data, but i now have one bank of a river on the airport side slightly higher than the other etc - but this only becomes noticeable when flying low in helicopters for example.

As i promised in my earlier post, if I'm impressed with a demo I will support the company and following your good support i went ahead and bought FTX EU Ireland. I know i should've probably bought Australia region following your help but I'm of Irish descent so have a soft spot. I really want to try out Tasmania demo now, but the download stops every single time at around 40-50MB (need total 243MB) - so annoying.

Archived