Piper Cub Plea!

Reference:  A2A thread "J3 Version Upgrade"

My plea for support goes out to my community of Orbx pilots who love to go slow, low and doing it on grass type of flying!  Yes, I own a version of every stinking cub or super cub out there.  Only one version that I go back after time and time again and that is the A2A Cub.

I am asking those who really truly love flying near the earth over this gorgeous scenery now with unbelievable TREES and enhanced grass strips to jump into the fray and speak up for a newer Cub which also can be installed onto P3D with upgraded HD graphics.

Thank you for your support!

Larry Hickerson

Owner & Operator, Eagle Valley Air  http://www.ealgevalleyair.com

Actually, it is not really a no-no. A2A's own updater recognizes that the Cub is installed in P3D (which it will not do if you install the 172/182/Cherokee via EMT into P3D), i.e. there is a demonstrated acceptance by A2A of installing the J-3 into P3D, but not the other three GA planes. Since the J-3 doesn't really need any upgrades, I see no reason to make a new one. It is already the best Cub on the market visually and Accu-sim-wise. Now a Carbon Cub or something with real performance, that is a different story, or at least tundra tires for the 172/182.

Now a Carbon Cub or something with real performance, that is a different story, or at least tundra tires for the 172/182.

Have you looked at Flight Replica's Super Cubs?  While not quite A2A standard (well, nothing is), they're very good - definitely better payware. They include high performance bush plane versions.  I'm now flying it more than the A2A Cub just because of the capabilities.

Have you looked at Flight Replica's Super Cubs?  While not quite A2A standard (well, nothing is), they're very good - definitely better payware. They include high performance bush plane versions.  I'm now flying it more than the A2A Cub just because of the capabilities.

I have FR's Super Cub and it is the best of the lot of non-A2A Cubs IMO, and, like you, I fly it more than the A2A because it is a much better bush plane. One flies the A2A J-3 to fly an antique (which has its charms), not to gain any meaningful capabilities.

I recall seeing something on the A2A forums not long ago about an upcoming native P3D version soon?

I have never seen anything like this. In fact, I thought I saw them saying they had no plans at the moment for such an undertaking.

The current A2A Cub installs perfectly in P3D with the MigrationTool, and is recognized by the official A2A updater, so all is good there. The textures seem HD enough for my taste.

I love the FR SuperCub, but would certainly rather be flying an Accusim version of that aircraft.

My Cub in P3D:

17032744628_c53b725481_o.jpg

Nice comments, but none really addresses the old graphics and repair hanger.  Really.........  super cub?  I have all of them and the only one with a decent flight model is the FSaddon version.

But we still need a decent and HD J3 Cub.  I have not found anyplace I could not get the J3 into.

Actually, it is not really a no-no. A2A's own updater recognizes that the Cub is installed in P3D (which it will not do if you install the 172/182/Cherokee via EMT into P3D), i.e. there is a demonstrated acceptance by A2A of installing the J-3 into P3D, but not the other three GA planes. Since the J-3 doesn't really need any upgrades, I see no reason to make a new one. It is already the best Cub on the market visually and Accu-sim-wise. Now a Carbon Cub or something with real performance, that is a different story, or at least tundra tires for the 172/182.

Agree totally with your take. A2A Cub is an excellent aircrat.

Archived