FTX Central 2 problems.

birdguy

It doesn't show up.

After failing to fix my Ketchikan problem I uninstalled and deleted everything from my J Drive dedicated to FSX, reformatted it, and began installing everything.

After installing FSX and Acceleration I installed PFJ, Ketchikan, Bella Coola, and Stewart. Then I ran the library (150331). That fixed the PAKT problem.

Next I installed NCAL, Yosemite, Blue Canyon, Lake Tahoe, Monterey, Redding and San Carlos.

That's where I am now. Yet after running the library several times I still only have the original the original FTX Central.

This morning I downloaded a fresh copy of the library and ran it. Still no FTX Central 2.

Is there something else I have to do?

Noel

Hi Noel

The fact that you mention FSX installed on your J drive suggests that you have another sim installed elswhere on another drive. Is FTXCentral 2 installed on this drive, if so Ben McClintock has written in another thread the following:

' it's currently not possible to change the location where FTX Central is installed.'

This suggests that you can only have one instance of FTXCentral v2 on your computer and may be your problem.

Kind regards

Ian

My only sim is FSX which is on my X: drive, never had a problem with Orbx doing what it needed to do, so the drive letter shouldn't matter.  And after spending all morning uninstalling everything to get ready for SE, found that Central was installed on C: anyway, in some not super obvious place (didn't write it down, was just in an uninstall frenzy).

Thanx Jabble.  I found mine on the C drive too.  Copied it to my J drive and it immediately showed up.  Problem solved.  When I opened it immediately told me I needed an update to the library which it automatically installed.  So that answers the question as to whether or not I need to connect to the internet with my new computer.  I guess I do.

Noel 

Hi guys,

Please don't move FTX Central from its location in %localappdata%\Orbx\FTXCentral, it may cause issues when FTX Central needs to update itself.

Noel, if you run FTXCentral.exe that is in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Orbx\FTXCentral, does it work fine?

Yes Ben, it does work fine from there. But it never replaced the original FTX Central icon on my desktop so I copied it to the root directory of FSX on my J drive and the icon appeared on my desktop.

I checked the properties of the desktop Icon and it locates FTX Central 2 where you said it should be so I deleted the copy on my desktop.

I guess everything is as it should be now. FTX Central 2 is still in place on the C drive and I have the icon on my desktop.

Noel

Can Anyone help me here?  Im new to Orbx.  I have Global, HD Trees, and now Vector v1.2.  upon installing vector, it updated Central to v2.  After that update it continues installing giving me an error where it says it cant find a file in Orbx/vector/.....  It then asks me if I want to continue or skip.  If I continue it then asks for a disk location when it was a download..... Any ideas,  it did the same thing when I tried to install the HD trees too...

Archived