Not seeing a texture change with FSXGlobal.

Hey Everyone,

I seem to be having some issues with FTXGlobal in which I can't really tell if it's working or not which is leading me to believe its not.

My setup is a Intel i7 4770k OC at 4.0 and have 12gb ram, I know hardware is limited with this game however mine shouldn't be an issue.

I am running FSX-SE with REX+Overdrive, FSUIPC, FSPassengers, and FSCommander.

I have went through the userguide and set my graphics settings as per what it said in the guide. I can see the scenery files are in the correct spot when I go to the scenery library tab. I have also installed the Libs and FTX Central 2

Here's a visual of what I am seeing in game, you should be able to tell me if this is FTXGlobal or not.

http://imgur.com/9wFjMC9

Thanks

Mike

Hi

Have you followed these instructions, taken from FTX Global Manual.

Quick Installation Guide  The Orbx FTX Global uses the flightsimstore.com FSS security wrapper to validate your order number, registration code and order date which then recognizes your legitimate purchase of the software and unencrypts the installer files and proceeds with the installation.   

STEP INSTRUCTIONS 

1 Unzip the FlightSimStore.com (FSS) downloaded ZIP file. NOTE: You cannot run the install from inside the ZIP file. Always extract it to a separate folder on your desktop before running the installer executable. You should end up with between 9 and 10 data files, this PDF user guide and the FSS installer application. 

2 Run the installer app. It should be named something like OrbxFTXGlobal100.exe 

3 Fill in the Order Number, Date and Key when requested. This information would have been emailed to you when you purchased the download of FTXG from FSS. To ensure accuracy you can copy and paste the data from your email received from FSS. 

4 The wrapper will unwrap the Orbx installer, which will then run and present the opening installation screen. Please acknowledge the EULA page and continue. You cannot choose a destination folder, since all Orbx products are installed into the ORBX folder in the simulator root folder 

5 If you have previously installed Orbx regions, the installer will run FTX Central and ask you to set it to Default. This is an important step!   

6 BACKUP OPTION  

IMPORTANT! The FTX Global installer will then ask if you want to backup your \Scenery\World\Texture folder. If you choose not to do this, you cannot uninstall FTX Global. We recommend that you backup your previous textures so you can revert back. The installer allows you to specify any location including driver letters, so an external HD drive is possible. 

7 Once the Orbx installer has performed the backup (if selected) it will copy all the relevant files into your FSX/P3D folders, then you will be prompted to run FTX Central. When you do so, FTX Central runs its initial file management routines, then presents the opening screen. 

8 When the main FTX Central screen is shown, simply select the FTX Global region and click the Apply button.  You will hear a confirmation 'ding' and you are ready to fly!  

We’ll cover more specific information about FTX Central in the pages below.  

If not then this is your problem.

Kind regards

Ian

Yup, followed those directions to a T, but I am just not seeing the change. However last night I did some cloud flying and I think I saw the street lights. I am really confused, all my graphics are set accordingly to what I am running. I just can't be sure that it's actually working.

Looking at your signature, I run the exact same addons as you so I suspect my issue isn't a compatibility related. I am a bit stumped, I am going to boston on business and will be back next week and I will take a video and maybe someone can identify if it is in fact working or not.

The picture you have posted looks pretty dark and foggy, maybe you could post a couple more of specific locations with coordinates that we can compare? :)

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/38447-how-to-post-a-screenshot-on-the-orbx-forums/

Also, what differences were you looking for specifically? Your picture shows mostly autogen buildings that FTX Global does not change.

Cheers

Doug

Archived