FSX SE, 1: [Radio buttons > On next] Line: 10 in main chunk

Hi, I have FSX boxed on two computers.  On one, I completely uninstalled and cleaned registries.  The Microsoft games/Microsoft flight simulator directory is still on my hard drive.  I can't seem to get rid of it.  I've used the tools to point to the steam directory as the FSX directory, but seems like no matter what I do, I keep getting the  1: [Radio buttons > On next] Line: 10 in main chunk error.  I'd appreciate some help with this as FSX without Orbx is just not interesting to me, and I'd like to try FSX SE.  Thank you.  Pag

The FTX installers follow the registry entry for the installed flight simulator.

You can use the FSX Registry Utility from this page

http://www.tweakfs.c.../free_tools.php

to correct the registry to match the new location.

Use the "Set Path" first and be sure to check the "Add to Current User"

check box.

You can then use the "Get Path" function to make sure that you did it

correctly.

Hi Nick.  Thank you for reply.

I've used FSX Registry Utility.  My FSX folder path is set to C:\Program File (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\

But, my Registry Key sets to HKEY_LOCALMACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0\

I've used a registry clean.  I've searched the registry manually, and I can't find any such entry in the registry.  I don't even have that directory on my harddrive any longer (although I do have Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight\ which is the other little programme unrelated to FSX).  I don't know where the HKEY_LOCALMACHINE\SOFTWARE\ setting is coming from.  Is this the problem?  If so, any suggestions?

Thank you.

Pag

The registry key is correct and is not a path to where your installation is

but a path to where the registry entry is.

Please use the registry tool I linked to to browse to your current location,

ie C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\ and make sure that

the "Add to Current User" check box is ticked before you click on "Set Path".

It is very simple to use and works.

I'll be darned.  I had done the above procedure precisely with no success.  This time, it installed.  I'm not sure why.  The only differences I know of are that I downloaded the version of the FSX Registry Utility linked (but I think I had been using the same one), emptied my recycle bin, started the install but then had to go to an appointment, so it got ready to install and then waited for me to come back and click the final okays.  I was very surprised (and happy) to see it install.  Thank you for helping.

Archived