Where does the terrain.dll for FTX Central

JoseCFII

I was having an issue with ASN and my L-39 and had to do reset.

Now every time I apply the new ftx central I lose my vector lights.

I have the original backed up and I now have to use it to replace the main FSX terrain.dll.

Which is the terrain.dll that is being used by central when I apply Global & Hybrid mode?

That's the one that is disabling my vector lights.

Thanks.

Jose

Hi Jose,

I believe you're referring to the terrain.cfg file. It's what contains the custom entries for vector lights and other features and the active version resides in the main FSX folder.

Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger,

I have a back up of that terrain file and I'm able to replace it.

But, when I apply the FTX Global region my vector lights do not show up.

I can't get the vector lights back on unless I apply my backup to the main fsx folder.

I'm trying to find out why is this happening?

Jose

Hi Jose,

probably an obvious point but I assume you've ticked the "Use vector road lights" checkbox in the Settings > Scenery tab? If so perhaps the issue is related to this one here -- http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/96101-ftx-lights-with-ftx-central-v2/-- except yours are "stuck" in the deactivated state.

Cheers, Holger

Hi Jose,

probably an obvious point but I assume you've ticked the "Use vector road lights" checkbox in the Settings > Scenery tab? If so perhaps the issue is related to this one here -- http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/96101-ftx-lights-with-ftx-central-v2/-- except yours are "stuck" in the deactivated state.

Cheers, Holger

What can I do to keep them on?

Hi Jose,

I believe you're referring to the terrain.cfg file. It's what contains the custom entries for vector lights and other features and the active version resides in the main FSX folder.

Cheers, Holger

I fixed my problem by reinstalling FTXORBXLIBS_150215. I applied FTX Global & vector lights. Checked the sim and everything looked good.

Then I opened FTX Central 2 and I let the ap download and install the updates. It works perfectly now.

I'm so glad that I kept backups of the old Libs.

Archived