FTX Ireland problem at Dublin Airport

Jon Clarke

By coincidence I bought FTX Ireland and MyTraffic 6 recently. I had flown out of Dublin prior with Traffic360 and default/global Ireland before with no problem. Now I have a problem. I get no aircraft at all ever taking off from Dublin airport. There is plenty of traffic and calls for IFR. The usual IFR request is made, taxi request made and instruction to go to hold point near runway.... and that is it ! I can have upto 6 planes at the holding point, no incoming flights and each plane at the holding point sequentially disappears due to time being inactive. I have tried all times of day & night and various trafffic settings to no avail. . This does not happen at other airports at all.

I give you an example for yesterday. At Dublin, 4.33pm first call from plane for taxi clearance. Arrive holding point at 4.36pm. No incoming flights at all nor any plane s traffic labels in view 360deg. 4.40pm plane disappears due to inactivity as programmed. i ended up with a total of 6 flights turning up and queuing at the holding point, a couple of incoming which i would expect to cause a departure delay, but not one of the planes ever took off. There was also no ATC beyond the last comms of instruction to go to holding point. It is adversely affecting the immersion.

I have been in contact with Burkhard (MT6) and he has said this is a bug where the holding point is too far from the runway. So if this is true then I assume it is a problem in FTX Ireland?

Would someone who has FTX Ireland please try to replicate and report back, and maybe an ORBX rep could please check for me.

Many thanks

Thank you Eddy. I was not aware of the problem having been fixed. FTX Central 2 does not show this fix as an update. Is there a way of getting fixes like this to be scanned in Central along with the current facility of scanning for updates?

Archived