AU: Roebuck Bay LC error

RobdeVries

Hello,

I reinstalled AU GREEN SP4. Took a flight around the Broome area and noticed two things when flying along Roebuck Bay

1. large green (woody) area's without autogen trees
  2. a large chunck of LC which seems to represent an old flow area but with a straight line as border where there is none in reality.

See attached screenshot's

broome.md.jpg
broome1.md.jpg

This is how it looks qua vegitation:

https://www.google.com/maps/@-18.034395,122.596343,3a,75y,99.01h,74.11t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sMquBzP5y0FdhVe7BM6uPOA!2e0?hl=en

Thanks for any pointers.

Hi Rob,

the landclass in the area looks correct as far as AU SP4 is concerned. Most of the area's floodplain is covered by one of our seasonally inundated polygons (derived from Geoscience Australia databases); changing the sim date between, e.g., January and June you'll see the difference between dry and wet stages.

Something though seems to be clipping the western edge of the polygon, which is why you're seeing that straight edge compared with my screenshot. Not sure what causes it but it would have to be some sort of polygon exclude. Are you using any third-party add-on for that area? Also, if you're using Global Vector you may want to deactivate it while flying in Australia; see http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/77587-agitated-scenery-near-sydney/#entry710249

FYI, if you're interested in a more realistic scenery for the bay you might want to consider our YBRM add-on -- https://www.fullterrain.com/product/ybrm-- as it contains photoreal coverage of it; see the first video on the product page.

Cheers, Holger

post-375-0-53582800-1429138335_thumb.jpg

Hi Holger,

Thanks for getting back to me. Much appreciated.

As per your suggestion, what I did was:

1. I checked if any other addon was installed which might affect the LC clipping, I deactivated all non FTX addons:

But LC clipping still there (both January and June). 

2. I deactivated all FTX Global Vector elements in the vector config tool. And I deactivated FTX Global Vector scenery layers in the scenery.cfg (library).

But LC clipping still there (both January and June).

Also the autogen seem to be excluded See attached screenshot.  

rbvo.md.jpg

Hi Rob,

sorry but I don't know what else to suggest. I have no idea what is excluding those polygons for you, it has to be something at higher display priority than the FTXAU36_SHORES entry, which contains the seasonal waterbodies in the western parts of Australia.

There actually are no autogen trees on the landclass underlying the seasonal waterbodies so that's not an issue (there should be plenty of trees in the mangrove areas along the bay's shoreline though, on the lighter-green texture). 

Cheers, Holger

Hi Rob,

I doubt that would make any difference as the missing part of the seasonal floodplain polygon is actually in the very same file as the visible part. You can run a quick cross-check by using the insertion point tool to move the entire FTX block to the top of the scenery library menu. Does that change the situation? If yes the culprit is outside of the FTX folders, if not then it points to something within FTX AU.

To uninstall AU SP4 manually, make sure FTX Central is set to Oceania, then start FSX and remove the numbered FXTAU entries from the scenery library menu (FTXAU05_ROADS to FTXAU48_CUSTOM), then shut down  FSX and navigate to the \ORBX\FTX_AU directory and delete the corresponding folders. Then re-install FTX AU SP4.

Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger,

I did as instructed and now the LC polygon show's up nicely.

newinst.md.jpg

Now back to reactivating Global Vector and reinserting the insertion point to see if it stays well :)  

Edit: Reactivated Vector and all seems well. Mark this as solved please.

Thanks for the help and support. Much appreciated.

Rob

Archived