How to Configure FTX Global from my Down Load File?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Tim

This is the first add-on product i have ever purchased as a download, all previously have been boxed.

Advice required in simple format, on how to recover it from my downloads file and configure it to FSX.

Any asstance would be very helpful.

Best regards,

David Thorne.

Greetings David,

I take it from your reply that you require help getting it installed onto you PC; Probably because this is a new experience for you, correct?

1. Create a temporary folder on your desk top and name it something like GLOBAL BASE so you can find it easily.

2. Locate the downloaded Global Base Zip file from FSS.

3. Open the Zip file so you can view the contents. I use the built in Windows capability and have never had an issue, others recommend an external utility such as the old WinZip...

4. Highlight and copy all the files in the Zip folder and the paste them into your temporary folder on the desktop GLOBAL BASE

5. Turn off your antivirus program and then run the .exe file to begin the installation. Once everything is loaded and the installer tells you it is finished, you can turn your antivirus program back on. There are a couple files that routinely get flagged (false positives) as viruses or Trojans which will be deleted if you do not disable the AV software.

6. Start the flight sim and wait as it incorporates the new files; go fly and enjoy!

Hope this helps,

Respectfully,

Brian

Hello Brian,

Thank you very much for your reply, yes, this a new experience and your assesment of my request is spot on. Greatly appreciate your itemised proceedure on how this should be undertaken and will go forth with more confidence now.

Best regards,

David Thorne.

Good day Brian,

I downloaded FTX Global Base and the details are as follows,

Order Number: FSS0373772
Order Date: 2015-04-26

I follwed your instructions as above however when I open the zip file I get a message saying " before you can extract files you must copy files to this compressed folder. The compressed folder OrbxFTXGlobalBase130zip took six hours to download and the file size is 4 364 967kb.

At this point I canot even get past step 3 of your suggestion. Do you have any idea as to what i need to do to correct the problem?

Reagrds,

Ronnie Scholtz

Archived