Monument Valley problem with floating mountain

abta

Hi guys, Monument Valley does not look right. One of the formations looks like it is floating over the ground. How can I fix this?

Thanks for your help

2015-4-4_14-14-23-352.jpg

2015-4-4_14-19-48-110.jpg

2015-4-4_14-22-15-748.jpg

So I should uninstall Monument Valley and reinstall it with FTX Central set to global before?

I would try switching back and forth between Global and NA and back to Global first. Close FTX Central between each switch and start FSX to get the scenery library to acknowledge the change. And reapply the latest libs last.

If that doesn't fix it then I would uncheck FSGlobal mesh for NA in the scenery library and check that location again, that will let you know if its the mesh or not. I shouldn't think so, I use FSGlobal Ultimate NA without this issue and with so many Orbx users using 2010 I think this problem would have popped up before now.

Did you check your original download using MD5 to insure it wasn't corrupt? Reinstalling won't help if the download is corrupted.

Last ditch effort, after doing the above, try a reinstall.

Good luck.

I followed your recommendations, but nothing helped.

Yes, I checked the MD5 sum before installing Monument Valley. Everything was fine.

So I am going to reinstall Monument Valley.

Is there a recommended way to uninstall Monument Valley first?

Sorry, found the official guide on my own:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/30376-uninstalling-ftx-airports-a-quick-guide/

I'll give it a try

No need to uninstall when changing mode into FTX Central. Just don't forget to click Apply and close FTX Central before your sim

I think this is a bug in the scenery.

You can't see it, when flying over a specific altitude.

2015-4-6_13-36-2-563.jpg

But from the airport or flying low it is noticeable and pretty ugly:

2015-4-6_13-38-37-65.jpg

Yes , I just confirmed it!  N37*1.88 W110*8.92 HDG Mag 53

Occurs between 5232 ft and 5620  ft. Its easy to see if you slew up slowly from 5232 ft. The altitude its visible at also varies with distance to the target.

Looks like a bleed through of the sky textures. Mesh or texture issue?

I tend not to fly this low off the deck :lol:

I usually don't fly as low either, it was just to investigate the error I saw from the runway at UT25  ;)

Good to hear I am not the only one with this issue.

Hopefully the developer can help.

As I change altitude while viewing I get the impression that its not filling in but that I'm seeing the ground textures below and behind the mountain giving the impression that it is being made whole. Curious.

That's how it looks to me too. Depanding on your angle of view you don't notice the hole, because if the angle is steep enough you can't see the sky through the hole, but only the ground texture. The colors kind of match with each other and so the hole is camouflaged.

I think that's why no one discovered this bug so far.

Hopfully there will be a fix. Maybe a developer could give a short statement?

@fabs79: as recommended my mesh resolution is set to 5m

I don't have the scenery myself, but have you tried different Mesh settings? Setting mesh resolution to 1m sometimes causes strange rifts and elevation issues.

I leave mine set at 5 meter at all times to accomodate Orbx addon AP's (which require 5 meters to avoid display issues) of which I have many.

I leave mine set at 5 meter at all times to accomodate Orbx addon AP's (which require 5 meters to avoid display issues) of which I have many.

Exactly, otherwise it could cause several issues for exampel with Sekiu. But of course fabs79 just wanted to help, i appreciate that.

Perfect, this fixed it. Everything looks great again. Now I understand there was no hole in the mountain, but it was shifted away from its foundation.

Thank you Frank, great support

Archived