Installing Ireland & N. Ireland & Scotland

Jon Clarke

Just bought the 3 titles and installation normal except for this message when install is complete and also when Central opens up:

"RenameUniqueFiles could not complete operation since a file already exists in this path

"H\p3d\scenery\world\scenery\ADE_FTX_FTXG_67L_elevation adjustment BGL"

Can you please assist and advise if this is something I need to rectify and if so how. I am assuming the current existing file being referred to is from another FTX product i have installed that also uses the file that cannot be "completed" as per above.

Many  thanks

Hi jjaycee1

'Version 18 freeware scenery included airport 67L and an elevation adjustment was inserted automatically in my FSX scenery/world/scenery file.
V19 freeware scenery appeared to also insert an elevation adjustment in Scenery/world/scenery file thus making two entries which appeared to screw up my elevation of 67L.
I removed one of these entries and ran the vector configuration tool and my airport 67L is now correct.'

Kind regards

Ian

Thanks for the info Ian. What do i do then...remove one copy? I see i have 2 copies existing in the scenery\world\scenery folder both dated 8/24/2014 one set to OFF and one not set to off. I do not know about the vector tool. If it is a part of FTX Vector then i do not have that product. Should I delete the 2 bgls and reinstall ?

Prior to returning to this topic, I actually deleted both bgls and reinstalled Ireland. I had no message pop up regarding any problem. Now, having read your above post \i am concerned i may have deleted one too many copies ! I hope this will not effect some other scenery. Regarding your first response, I am not familiar with the version 18 and 19 you refer too. What product are you talking about please.

Hi

This error was originally started when 67L was included with issue 18 of the Orbx free airports pack and then reissued with issue 19 thus installing two entries in the scenery/World/Scenery folder.

In my original reply to your post, I stated -

'Version 18 freeware scenery included airport 67L and an elevation adjustment was inserted automatically in my FSX scenery/world/scenery file.
V19 freeware scenery appeared to also insert an elevation adjustment in Scenery/world/scenery file thus making two entries which appeared to screw up my elevation of 67L.
I removed one of these entries and ran the vector configuration tool and my airport 67L is now correct.'

Hope this helps

Kind regards

Ian

Archived