ORBX after UTX REX

fsx44

Hi,

I am a new customer considering ORBX, it seems to be a significant upgrade over my current addons. Currently I run GEX (Ground Environment X) and UTX (ultimate terrain X) I would like to know if I should uninstall these products prior to installing ORBX. Could you explain the interaction (if any) these products will have with each other. Any assistance for optimizing this setup would be appreciated.

Thanks

It all depends on which Orbx products you are looking to buy...

If you are looking at full regions (for example, Pacific Northwest or England), you can leave GEX and UTX installed as this will ensure you have this scenery active outside the Orbx region.

If you're looking at FTX Global, then you should remove GEX (the two products do the same thing, replacing default textures).

If you then add Vector, this provides the same data as UTX... technically they can run together, but you would need to deactivate certain features in the UTX control panel.

If you then add Vector, this provides the same data as UTX... technically they can run together, but you would need to deactivate certain features in the UTX control panel.

Could you please be more concrete. Which features should be deactivated?

Cheers,

Harry

I don't have UTX so I can't say which options to deactivate for certain, but I believe everything except the landclass, and night lights (if you want to use the UTX lights), though FTX Global does come with it's own lighting.

it's also best to place FTX vector above UTX in the scenery library.

Archived