FTX Vector (P3D v2.5) Airport Elevation at KCRQ and KNKX

sbclark

Hi,

I'm running P3D v2.5 with Vector 1.20 installed. I have two airports that sit on plateau's:

KNKX - Marine Corps Air Station Miramar

KCRQ - McClellan-Palomar Airport

In addition, I cannot find those airports listed in either the AEC Enabled or AEC Disabled columns in the FTX Vector Airport Elevation Correction application?

If necessary, I can post screen shots?

Bill Clark

Patrick,

I checked the following folder for the entries ABP_KCRQ.BGL and ABP_KNKX.BGL and I DID NOT find .OFF as a suffix for these BGLS, or any other BGL's in this very long list of airports. But at least these two airports appear in this file folder/list, but not under the AEC Enabled or AEC Disabled columns in the FTX Vector Airport Elevation Correction application.

Folder Orbx\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_APT\scenery\xxxxx Where XXXXX is the BGL for the airport.

What I did find for a number of airports that appeared to be inactive was described as follows:

Example - ABP_KNMM_Default.inactive

So the .OFF is not used in this list.

Bill Clark

So in my opinion, there is something else going on?

Hi, responded to Richard's request to provide images of the two missing airports.

I would like to see some acknowledgement or response from staff about this issue?

Cheers,

Bill Clark

Hello Bill,

I have looked into this and indeed I am seeing the same elevation issue, although unfortunately the way Fsx and or P3d code is written Vector will undo elevation issues based on a code written for the "flat airport".Please read the sticky topics posted. I will however send this through to hopefully be amended soon.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/74942-vector-readme-important-for-better-understanding-what-vector-intends-does-can-do-and-what-it-cant-do/

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/84549-how-to-differentiate-between-real-vector-and-other-errors/

Thanks

Richard

Richard,

Thanks for your response and feedback.

Here is where I'm at:

1) All of the add-on scenery I have installed with P3D is all Orbx. I have made a commitment to P3D as my sim of choice and Orbx as my primary provider of scenery. I do have other large airports from DreamTeam and FlyTampa that have NOT YET been installed. As you can tell from my signature block, I have the latest versions of the major add-ons from Orbx, FSS0311184 - PILOTS FS Global 2010 FTX, FSS0311184 - FTX Global Vector, FSS0283844 - FTX Global Base. I do have other Orbx airports installed like Palm Springs, Sedona, Lake Tahoe and Monteray. I do not have any land class scenery for the USA, other than P3D default, but I do have Orbx LC for Europe.

2) I do not have any other 3rd party mesh or add-ons such as traffic or anything else.

3) When I run FTX Vector Configuration tool, KCRQ and KNKX DO NOT show up in either the AEC Enabled or AEC Disabled columns. However, the ABP_KCRQ.BGL and ABP_KNKX.BGL entries DO SHOW UP in the Orbx FTX_VECTOR_APT folder of P3D. So the scenery is in the proper folder.

4) I did follow your advice by following the two links you provided and the PDF instructions listed in one of the links.

5) I have not moved any of the scenery files from their default locations, including the Orbx add-ons.

So I'm not sure what else to do but await your feedback. I also expect there are many other airports that exhibit these elevations problems as I have not yet explored much territory since installing all this Orbx scenery. I live in Southern California.

Bill Clark

Archived