KMZ file for Ed Correia's updated Global Freeware Packs

pannellgj

I was wondering where I might find a KMZ file for the latest NA and EU Global Freeware Packs.  I usually go over to the German Forum where Stephan has provided KMZ files in the past.  Although I don't read or speak German, I've been able to locate all the previous files.  The ones Stephan posted March 24th don't appear to include Ed Correia's latest addons, unless I'm doing something wrong...

Garland

Garland:  Try this:  http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/66373-kmz-files-für-freeware-packs-na/?p=860646

Look in the first part of Stephan's post--the airports appear to be the ones listed in Ed's original post (in the announcements section of the forum), but I didn't check all of them.  The link for all 20 is in the 2nd half of Stephan's post.

Stew

What I use is SimLauncher X, a freeware tool (available at Avsim). It reads the database of the Sim (FSX /P3D) and shows Orbx airports in a different color than the default airports. It shows all airports on the map and can do a zillion other things as well.

Stewart,

I did download both files in his post, but neither of them appear to include the latest additions, (e.g. 49B, KANJ, KSRR) so that's why I posted the above...

Garland

Gosh, Garland, I don't know what to tell you.  I found all three, 49B, KANJ, and KSRR.

Stew

What I use is SimLauncher X, a freeware tool (available at Avsim). It reads the database of the Sim (FSX /P3D) and shows Orbx airports in a different color than the default airports. It shows all airports on the map and can do a zillion other things as well.

Thanks for the tip, Eric.  I intend to check out that one--it sounds very interesting.

Stew

Gosh, Garland, I don't know what to tell you.  I found all three, 49B, KANJ, and KSRR.

Stew

Thanks for the tip, Eric.  I intend to check out that one--it sounds very interesting.

Stew

Thanks Stewart; I'll check again.  Thanks Eric; I'll check out SimLauncher X

Stewart,

Success.  For some reason, my Google Earth opened without loading the latest airports, until I went into the sidebar and found them and activated them with a check mark in the block.  Prior to that they would automatically open.  Go figure...

Garland

Hi, it's me, Stephan...

I always make two kmz files. The one, who know the files from the beginning might take just the first file for the the latest release only.

The second file is always the complete collection. This time I also added explanations in English to the files....

I'm glad everything is OK and you've found the airports you was missing...

Happy landings!

Btw, pannelgj, you also find my kmz files for the EU Freepacks (including the freeware from Th.Zipfel) in the German Forum...

Stewart,

Success. For some reason, my Google Earth opened without loading the latest airports, until I went into the sidebar and found them and activated them with a check mark in the block. Prior to that they would automatically open. Go figure...

Garland

Garland,

Reason for this was, that I saved the files unchecked, so they behave the same way, when you save them in Google.

Stephan

Garland,

Reason for this was, that I saved the files unchecked, so they behave the same way, when you save them in Google.

Stephan

Thanks, Stephan; I appreciate your efforts and it makes sense that you would do it that way.

Garland

Hi,

It's not another website, but the German support subforum.

And: I'm not the only one, who creates kmz files for these freewarepacks. I remember that there have been other guys, who also made their files and published them here. That's because I didn't want to mix it up with my files and keep mine in the German section, where I started.

But you can follow the two German threads and have a look some time after a release and you will find the actual kmz there.

Cheers, Stephan

Stewart,

Success.  For some reason, my Google Earth opened without loading the latest airports, until I went into the sidebar and found them and activated them with a check mark in the block.  Prior to that they would automatically open.  Go figure...

Garland

Maybe they automatically opened because they were still checked off in the sidebar from the last time you opened GE.  I know that's the case with my GE version, at any rate.

Stew

Hi,

It's not another website, but the German support subforum.

And: I'm not the only one, who creates kmz files for these freewarepacks. I remember that there have been other guys, who also made their files and published them here. That's because I didn't want to mix it up with my files and keep mine in the German section, where I started.

But you can follow the two German threads and have a look some time after a release and you will find the actual kmz there.

Cheers, Stephan

That's true, and that's why I go to the German forum shortly after the freeware stuff is released.

Stew

Archived