Humble apologies and a consolation download...

John Venema

Please allow me to share your disappointment and extend my apologies. Right now the file is on its way to our e-commerce server hosts. They are all fine (we have more bandwith than God on the download side, LOL!). However, the ISP we are using to do the upload from in Sydney, has in their wisdom decided to throttle bandwidth to 40KB/sec. This is specific to the area of Sydney we are uploading from, and it's completely beyond our control.  :( At 3pm this afternoon we ran tests at 200KB/sec, but now it's less than 25% of that. Welcome to the great Australian Broadband pipedream :)

I take great pride in keeping my promises and I'm embarrased to say the least. However, technically, it's still the 5th of March in about half the planet, so ....  ;D:D

I assure you if I hear of any change in status I will let you know immediately.

Anyway, as a consolation (if it's any), here's a copy of the FTX AU BLUE User Guide for you to read while you wait. It won't take you six hours to read, but it's at least something.

FTXAUBLUEV1.00UserGuide.zip

Guest Private-Cowboy

Thanks for the update. I was really hoping to fly in AU Blue today and maybe it can still be done (at least I've some 9 more hours in the 5th than you ;D) but I fear that even the mightiest server will be overwelmed by FTX when it comes to downloading the 780MB.

Downloads are not the issue for us. Our servers have a combined bandwith of about 600KB/sec *sustained* for 15,000 concurrent users. We can scale up to over 11 mirror sites. That infrastructure is all set and has been for some time. The issue we're facing now is an ISP failing to deliver to their customers the bandwidth which they are paying for, something that Australians have been conditioned to over the years.

Again apologies, and I really must now head to bed. I have had 6 hours sleep since Sunday morning. I'll be up bright and early around 5AM to wake to an FTX world :)

What a legend

get some sleep john

as annoyed as i am at stupid isp's slowing down the delivery of your firstborn

u are a deadset champion for letting us know

there is but one thing

maxter will you stay up to download and install

hehe

AHAHAHAHA... i think i'm about to cry... serious... out of all the problems that you could have, fire, data deletion, etc, it is because of the ISP...

Ahhh another great thing by the rudd Government to cancel the upgrade of broadband to combat inflation... simply fantastic... :P ahh my little political stance shows it true colours... hehehe...

anyone want to get into a debate with me about politics and religion? its so easy, consumes so much time... fantastic topics, and no i am not a bible bashing Christian, i am completely the opposite...

off topic i apologies.. what happens when i get nervous.

Both Adrian and myself also would like to extend our apologies and we will be online in the mid am's to get this thing off the ground and provide support where needed. Thank you for understanding folks :(

thanks for the update, will get some sleep myself as I have to be up for work at 4 tomorrow, just done a fresh install of FSX for FTX , after nearly 12 months of watching this website for updates pics etc. I hope that I can sleep as I think I will be dreaming FTX. good job team ORBX and I am looking forward to using your product that I am sure you guys have worked long and hard for, wish you all the greatest of success and hope this leads to bigger and better things in the world of flight simulation. Cheers ;D

John you and you team have brought the revolution to flight simmimg in australia. Shame the Australian government cant bring in the revolution of the internet like the rest of the world although i have heard they are trying. Never the less you guys have earnt some rest time so take it. Another 5 hours is nothing.

Shane

Please allow me to share your disappointment and extend my apologies. Right now the file is on its way to our e-commerce server hosts. They are all fine (we have more bandwith than God on the download side, LOL!). However, the ISP we are using to do the upload from in Sydney, has in their wisdom decided to throttle bandwidth to 40KB/sec. This is specific to the area of Sydney we are uploading from, and it's completely beyond our control.  :( At 3pm this afternoon we ran tests at 200KB/sec, but now it's less than 25% of that. Welcome to the great Australian Broadband pipedream :)

I take great pride in keeping my promises and I'm embarrased to say the least. However, technically, it's still the 5th of March in about half the planet, so ....  ;D:D

I assure you if I hear of any change in status I will let you know immediately.

Anyway, as a consolation (if it's any), here's a copy of the FTX AU BLUE User Guide for you to read while you wait. It won't take you six hours to read, but it's at least something.

Mate, its 0941 am in Indianapolis, by my watch you still have 14 hours and 19 minutes to deliver.

Chin up mate!

Aussiecop

Yea, Iam in Central Ohio, USA and by my clock its 9:49am EST (gmt -5) will come home for lunch, and start download then.  Whats another day anyway, and its still going to be the 5th. 

Looks like it's another sick day for me to-morrow. ;D ;D ;D

JohnG....

Hahaha I took a sick day today, tomorrow is supposed to be my RDO but I said I would work it to make up the day. Oh well I don't have to start till 1pm so....

Great job guys it will be well worth it.

Nothing like a bit of drama for a grand entrance!!

No problems at all....  :)

It's still the 5th where I am for 8 hours, and even if it's the weekend or next week I don't really mind. Just happy it's finished and being held up rather than unfinished and nowhere on the horizon.

Have a good rest!!

Roger

Thanks for the update. I was really hoping to fly in AU Blue today and maybe it can still be done (at least I've some 9 more hours in the 5th than you ;D) but I fear that even the mightiest server will be overwelmed by FTX when it comes to downloading the 780MB.

780MB??

John Venema said on other topic:

The download file will be less than 400MB in size, at this stage. We don't expect it to be larger than 500MB.

What's the download size?

Thanks.

Archived