Queenstown runway barrier with 3 installer.

Daveng3

I have just updated my Queenstown to the updated features within the recently released 3 installer and also latest library. Edit: FSX.

At the western end of main runway I am now getting a runway barrier and supporting rear embankment for barrier floating in the air appears about 10-15 ft.  In all honesty I am not sure if this has just arrived or not but have not noticed this effect before spoiling my beautiful Queenstown.

Runway Elevation Configurator ( forgot exact name ) ran but NZQN not showing in enabled or disabled listings. On FS start up I am presented with a new "Library file" available would I like to install, I have repeated this process accepting or rejecting this new file with same stated results. 

Just another observation on selecting NZQN from FSX airport selector dropdown it then goes to NZQA the GA side of NZQN within ORBX.

I am away from my sim computer now shall try later for screen shots later if it helps many thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Dave.

Sorry, I don't have anything like your pictures Dave. In my setup everything is normal until I get over the bay, then I crash into an invisible wall. I can't get under it so I have to make a quick turn to the right and fly north for a while. Then once away from Queenstown turn back to the west.

How to uninstall NZQN cleanly for another try of the triple installer for FSX. Before anybody says check the FAQ there are 2 items shown both dated March 2011 and both are referring to file formats which are not in the quoted files. Certainly need updating.

Dave.

This is still the method.  read P3D for FSX if needed. Same difference. Configurator is found in the OrbX folder.

Posted 01 March 2011 - 04:40 PM

To uninstall a FTX airport, I'll use YSCH as an example :

FIRST set FTXCentral to [Default]

- Browse to FSX\ORBX\FTX_AU (for American airports browse to FSX\ORBX\FTX_NA instead)
- Delete the FTXAA_YSCH folder

- Browse to FSX\ORBX\Scripts
- Delete orbx_cpl_ysch and scenerylib_AU_YSCH
- Run FTXconfigrator.exe (silent operation, it removes the scenery library entries)

Use the same guide to delete any payware FTX airport

Penzoil,

Thanks for the reply, and yes I found and read the exact same posting you quoted. My point here is the Orbx method of uninstallation should reflect current and correct terminology ie [Default] now 4 years later it should be [FTX Global]. The whole purpose of a written method is to help the community not confuse by using terms no longer current and valid.

My beef is over, located the FTX_AA_NZQN folder and in scripts the scenerylib_AU_NZQN but no orbx_cpl_nzqn. Am I missing this file or is it not needed any more through the new triple installer. Some recommend removing the scenery/airport from the FS scenery library first and rebooting, before removing folders/files is this not the case as its not mentioned in the method.

Considering this was started by the new installer and is stated as "This new installer can be run over an existing install so there is no need to uninstall anything first." Turned into a right mixup.

Dave.

Sorry, I don't have anything like your pictures Dave. In my setup everything is normal until I get over the bay, then I crash into an invisible wall. I can't get under it so I have to make a quick turn to the right and fly north for a while. Then once away from Queenstown turn back to the west.

Hi Roger,

I am unable to help you with the invisible wall problem but have a search if you have not yet, there are quite a few posts on this subject.

Good Luck,

Dave.

Hi Roger,I am unable to help you with the invisible wall problem but have a search if you have not yet, there are quite a few posts on this subject.Good Luck,Dave.

Thanks Dave. I have decided to go the whole hog and get rid of everything and do a clean reinstall of P3D v5.xxx. Because I am also having a problem with the scenery rebuilding every minute or so. Though this only started during my last flight. So it is a good opportunity to go to V5.

Hi seem to get crashes on runway 5 when I spawn no matter which plane. Dont remember it happening before. Sometimes I can spawn but the moment i move I get a crash also when landing. Seems to fit in this post. Note seems to extends a few feet above runway as i flew the lenght abt 300 ft above and it was fine but i will double check.

Archived