Compton Abbas, Old Warden, Stapleford.

Pip123

I have problems with all three airfields.

Compton Abbas, the refueling apron is sunken, the hedgrow is floating in the air ?

Old warden, there are no static aircraft or people ?

Stapleford EGSG, there are no airport buildings or runway markings ?

I have used the control panel, without effect.

I am disappointed that these are so buggy.

Any ideas please ?

Pip, I am sure you will hear eventually from someone on the Orbx team but I do wish to point out that I am not a team member - just another user like you so take my answer in that context.   As I am sure you have gathered, there are a lot of users contributing to this forum and to make sure they are servicing their legitimate paying customers, Orbx requires that each request for service references a purchase #.  If you want a timely response from Orbx, I would suggest you re-submit your question and include that item in your text.  It is not enough to just provide a particular software title.

As far as your request itself is concerned, assuming you are an experienced flight simmer, you will already know that your scenery comes  from many sources, many of which do not originate from Orbx.  Problems such as you describe are often caused by interactions among the sceneries you have installed on your system including default scenery and other third party sceneries that overlap with the areas you are having problems with.  Do not automatically assume that each problem you see is caused by "buggy" Orbx software - most of these will, by the way, eventually be traced back to something on your system before you installed your Orbx packages or something in the published installation procedure that you failed to do.  Orbx team members are human beings and although they are professionals, I doubt they will be highly motivated to jump to your assistance if you lead off a problem report with an accusation of their buggy software.

Stan            

FSS0359455 / FSS0359352 / FSS0359338

Thanks for replying.

I have installed FTX England previously to purchasing these three airfields.

Anyway, I deleted all ORBX stuff from FSX then reinstalled FTX England, Compton Abbas, Old Warden, Stapleford.

The scenery is now ok except for static aircraft etc, and stapleford still doesnt appear complete ?

I always pay for my software, the serial numbers are at the top of my post.

Thanks for your time.

Regards,

Phil.

P.S.

Hi Stan,

Re : FSS0359279

FSS0359455 / FSS0359352 / FSS0359338

Further to my last, I didnt mean any disrespect to the developers, as a paying customer I was just describing the experience I was having with the software.

On a positive note, the FTX EU England is absolutely stunning. Had the airfields installed as easily, I would have been equally delighted with the result.

My elder brother holds a PPL and flew recently on my sim, he was very impressed with EU England, much like the real thing.

Regds,

Phil.

Phil,

with regard to the missing static aircraft etc., did you remember to install the latest ORBX Libraries available here https://www.fullterrain.com/support#orbxlibs - this usually cures problems like this, and is necessary to re-run after installing any ORBX products.

Apologies if you have already done this, but just thought I'd mention it in case...

Cheers

Jack

Hi Phil,

Firstly, is this FSX or P3D?

It seems like you've got a couple of different issues here. The missing objects are controlled by ObjectFlow and it's likely that the relevant module hasn't loaded when the sim started. After installing the airports you should have received a message on startup asking if you want to allow the new module to run or not. Do you recall whether this happened?

To start with, as Bruce suggested, install the latest orbxlibs as this will ensure that you're all up to date. It's important to allow the ObjectFlow module to run when starting FSX/P3D.

Let us know how you get on.

Cheers,

Greg

if you have Prepar3d V2.5 you may not be running the latest versions of these airports. All the airports you mention have an updated version (V110 or more) and you will need to DL the new versions.Teecee.

Archived