Orbx Installer freezes whilst unwrapping.

lancslad3

Whilst installing Orbx EU Scotland to my FSX I made a serious error.  I waited for the installer to unwrap, but after waiting some 45 mins, with the progress band seemingly stationary at a completion point of about 85%,  I assumed wrongly, that it had completed, and proceeded to the next part of the process.  Only when I tried a test flight, did I realise that it had not installed properly.   How do I get out of this?

As per one of your forum posts, describing a similar problem, I turned off my Windows Firewall and Trend Micro Security, but it didn't seem to make much difference.

What else can I try?

What kind of Graphics card do I need to do the job?   Maybe the problem is here!

Sorry for the omission - My Order Number is FSS0357784  (2015-03-02)

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I have also the same issue with 2 Orbx-FTX packages I bought recently via FlightSimStore, First time I can't install(after about 3/4 the unwrapping process stops!)

It's concerning order# FSS0428862 dated 2015-11-29. OS=Win7 Pro, Graphics-driver=nVidia_v359(most recent) and want to install in FSX. What could be the reason?

Unwrapping-stop.jpg

On ‎29‎/‎11‎/‎2015‎ ‎22‎:‎35‎:‎31, ikbenik said:

I have also the same issue with 2 Orbx-FTX packages I bought recently via FlightSimStore, First time I can't install(after about 3/4 the unwrapping process stops!)

It's concerning order# FSS0428862 dated 2015-11-29. OS=Win7 Pro, Graphics-driver=nVidia_v359(most recent) and want to install in FSX. What could be the reason?

Unwrapping-stop.jpg

I have no idee what the reason can be...enough HDD/SSD space...I have a powerfull system....registering-process was flawless....???

Please help to get the new sceneries useable, thank you.

I know the guys are aware of the problem and are trying to find a solution. But, from experience, I also know that it's a quite illusive problem. When I first bought and unwrapped Scotland in took 2.5 hours to complete. I tried it again a couple of weeks later and it took about two minutes. Really strange but it's a strange problem that is affecting only a few of us. I'd recommend starting the unwrapper and just letting it run. It will eventually finish and we'll eventually get a solution.

Doug

Archived