Updated Vector STILL does not disable the proper airports

B77X

I spent all day downloading the new Vector installer only to find the AEC tool still does not work properly. I have the Iceland Demo installed, and AEC auto config does not find these airports and disable the Vector files.

BITN. BIST. BISI.

So again, I have to manually search through the bgl files after running the AEC auto config tool again in future.

Why is this still not fixed? This has been happening since Vector was first released.

I just ran the auto config tool. BITN is in the active list again

b6ilfgH.jpg

but opening up AFX, see the Iceland Demo bgl files are also active?

RiTYadi.jpg

Here is BIKP, one default apt vector file is still not deactivated

VgZoZxw.jpg

This is totally unacceptable. After each auto config I have to spend an hour slowly going through the list to find and deactivate or manually rename bgl files just to have it working properly with no duplicate files. Because it still does this for all scenery, not just the Iceland Demo files.

The Iceland demo is a special case and perhaps not a good example to choose.

There are AECBI**.bgl files in both ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_AEC\scenery

and Scenery\World\Scenery.

The airports will work with either the Vector or Scenery\World\scenery files active

and with both but not with neither.

I expect that the active AECBI**.bgl files you see are indeed the ones in Scenery\World\scenery

which is not affected by Vector.

It is therefore, in this special case and with your chosen method of viewing, possible to see both

enabled and disabled files at the same time.

I expect that if you go to Scenery\World\scenery and remove all the AECBI**.bgl files, placing

them in a separate folder for safe keeping, you will give full control of the Icelandic airports to

the Vector Configuration Tool.

If you wish to check, there are only six AECBI**.bgl files in the Configuration options.

Select all six, move them to disabled, tick Apply and then check your

ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_AEC\scenery folder, selecting Sort by type.

At the end of the list you should see this

Untitled1d982.jpg

The Iceland demo is a special case and perhaps not a good example to choose.

There are AECBI**.bgl files in both ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_AEC\scenery

and Scenery\World\Scenery.

The airports will work with either the Vector or Scenery\World\scenery files active

and with both but not with neither.

I expect that the active AECBI**.bgl files you see are indeed the ones in Scenery\World\scenery

which is not affected by Vector.

It is therefore, in this special case and with your chosen method of viewing, possible to see both

enabled and disabled files at the same time.

I expect that if you go to Scenery\World\scenery and remove all the AECBI**.bgl files, placing

them in a separate folder for safe keeping, you will give full control of the Icelandic airports to

the Vector Configuration Tool.

If you wish to check, there are only six AECBI**.bgl files in the Configuration options.

Select all six, move them to disabled, tick Apply and then check your

ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_AEC\scenery folder, selecting Sort by type.

At the end of the list you should see this

Untitled1d982.jpg

But why are these airports not being disabed by Vector?

The ABP and AEC files I have to manually disable in the AEC config tool, and airports like BIKP I have to go into the vector folders and rename them. The APB and APT files should be renamed to .inactive by the config tool. It is not doing this for 4 of the Iceland Demo airports. Why can this not be fixed?

There are also addon airports the auto config tool does not find, including many Orbx region airports. I just formatted my hard drive and have not regions yet so I cannot give a specific example but in my posting history I pointed out months ago the airports the auto config tool was ignoring.

I just installed a handful of Aerosoft sceneries. Now I am having to run the auto config tool again, and then once that is done, manually search through all the files and either use the AEC tool to disable the airports not found by the auto config, or manually rename the files to .inactive

Please fix this, the AEC tool is still broken.

Just tested this.

After manually renaming ABP_BISI.bgl and APT_BISI.bgl both to .inactive and then running the auto config again, the files are not changed. Same for the other airports listed above. So that is good, I do not have to keep manually renaming them.

BUT, the airport BITN still is not found by the auto config tool and disabled. This is the problem with the auto config tool. How does it not see the Iceland Demo bgl files for BITN and select to disable BITN airport in the AEC config tool? This is why I do not trust it to go through all my addons and disable all the airports. And why I have to spend an hour after running the auto config to go down the list and see what other airports it missed.

Archived