Several FTX Global / FTX Central / Scenery problems

ea.wouters

Hi

I'm a proud owner of FTX Global , FTX Global Vector, FTX OLC. This week I downloaded and installed all patches and freeware ORBX files (in the right order, at least I think). As a result there are 3 problems to solve: 

Problem 1.

When starting FTX Central I receive the message 'Custom Files Validation Report'

Custom file does not exist.
D:\FSX10\ORBX\Scripts\Custom.gb_base\BLDA3.BMP

D:\FSX10\ORBX\Scripts\Custom.gb_base\BLDA3LM.BMP

D:\FSX10\ORBX\Scripts\Custom.gb_base\BLDB2.dds

D:\FSX10\ORBX\Scripts\Custom.gb_base\BLDB2LM.dds

D:\FSX10\ORBX\Scripts\Custom.gb_base\BLDB3.BMP

Yes the BMP files etc. aren't in the directory so the message is correct. Those files are in the folder 'custom.gb_hybrid'.

Problem 2:

Looking at the scenery files there are a lot of autogen objects missing, instead you get a black kind of crosses/boxes.

Problem 3:

Selecting in FTX Central the 'Hybrid mode' results in a crash with the error message below, selecting 'Continue' will close FTX Central. :

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.InvalidOperationException: Sound API only supports playing PCM wave files.
   at System.Media.SoundPlayer.ValidateSoundFile(String fileName)
   at System.Media.SoundPlayer.LoadAndPlay(Int32 flags)
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.Devices.Audio.Play(SoundPlayer sound, AudioPlayMode mode)
   at FTXCentral.FTXC.Apply()
   at FTXCentral.FTXC.lblApplyButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Label.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5485 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
FTXCentral
    Assembly Version: 1.0.4.4
    Win32 Version: 1.0.4.4
    CodeBase: file:///D:/FSX10/ORBX/Scripts/FTXCentral/FTXCentral.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.5483 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5483 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5488 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
hz7nsruo
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
    Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
    Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.5420 built by: Win7SP1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
gmwq7aj0

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Best regards

E. Wouters

Hi, Welcome!

First, Please add your product order numbers to your signature as per forum rules. :)

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/1157-important-notice-please-add-your-order-to-your-sig-for-support/

Then download and install the latest libs that you will find at the bottom of the support links page.

https://www.fullterrain.com/support

Hopefully that will clear up a few of your above problems to start. :)

Cheers

Doug

Hi Doug, thanks, I hope this will do, couldn't find the product code and I still have to find out where I bought OLC. I will start again/check the downloads (already downloaded them), any order to follow when installing the updates?

Hi Doug, thanks, I hope this will do, couldn't find the product code and I still have to find out where I bought OLC. I will start again/check the downloads (already downloaded them), any order to follow when installing the updates?

Checked have them all downloads installed

Hi

No, reinstalling will probably not solve your issues. Providing tons more info would be very helpful tho.... Did you read the product manuals?

Which flight sim are you using? FSX?

Do you have a Vector icon on your desktop?

Does FTX Central open after all the errors? If so, could you check and please post a screenshot of the product installed report by clicking on "Tools/Reports/FTX Products Installed"

Does your flight sim start and run?

Did you have a good running flight sim before you installed the Orbx products?

Is your Windows fully up to date?

Here is a link that shows how to post a screenshot:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/38447-how-to-post-a-screenshot-on-the-orbx-forums/

Cheers

Doug

Hi Doug

I uninstalled ORBX, 1 problem is solved (black boxes / autogen) by placing the backupfiles back (Texture/scenery) I will re-install the products while using the manuals/forum advise and we will see what happens. (Problems remain/solved)

Which flight sim are you using? FSX?

- FSX

Do you have a Vector icon on your desktop?

- Have to check this one

Does FTX Central open after all the errors? If so, could you check and please post a screenshot of the product installed report by clicking on "Tools/Reports/FTX Products Installed"

- FTX opens first (wih message missing files), errors appear later,

Does your flight sim start and run?

- Yes

Did you have a good running flight sim before you installed the Orbx products?

- Yes and afterwards also, it happend when using the patches

Is your Windows fully up to date?

- Yes 100%

Eric

Hi Eric

Not sure what you mean by your words that are in brackets at the end of this sentence that I put in bold? "I uninstalled ORBX, 1 problem is solved (black boxes / autogen) by placing the backupfiles back (Texture/scenery) I will re-install the products while using the manuals/forum advise and we will see what happens. (Problems remain/solved)"??

Do you have the DX10 box checked in your FSX? If so uncheck it (this would cause your black boxes and crashing issue)...using DX10 mode is a whole different animal and requires the use of "Steves Fixer"

FTX Global base is at version 1.30 and the new download does not require any patches.

FTX Vector is at version 1.20 and the new download does not require any patches.

Also, I hope you have seen this:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/74345-the-definitive-guide-to-ftx-products-the-go-to-source-of-ftx-information/

Doug

Hi Doug,

I meant going back to the basic FSX and start all over, I wanted to rule out other possibilities.
- DX10 is unchecked
- Downloaded and installed latest version 1.30
- Reading the manual, didn't knew that this existed. Before I posted I did a forum search but didn't find a solution
- I removed all ORBX files and restored the default FSX ones via a Backup
- Tested FSX and my problem (see picture) was gone, installed FTX Global 1.30 and it was back again, didn't installed FTX Vector I would like to solve this problem (black objects) first  

Best regards
Eric

Hi Doug,

I have installed lib. ORBXlibs_150215 and downloaded the latent global version. Installed it, no change. Installed The workfiles in the script folder, no change. Then I noticed the following. I had FSX Acceleration but the splashscreen was à default one. I repaired this by using THE FSX Acceleration setup repair option.

I guess I have to reinstall ORBX again, then the libaryupdate an possibly the workfiles again?

Best regards and tanks for all help

Eric

Sounds like there is something wrong with your FSX install then, FSX with SP2 or Acceleration is a minimum requirement. I would highly recommend using the procedure in this attached link and reinstall FSX, and do not install it in the default location but rather a newly created folder called FSX.

http://support.precisionmanuals.com/kb/a87/how-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-fsx.aspx

Also, here is a ton of info that might be helpful for you....it sure was for me lol :))

http://www.simforums.com/forums/the-fsx-computer-system-the-bible-by-nickn_topic46211.html

Hi Doug yes and no. Yes something is wrong. No I Will nor re-install FSX again. I recent have done this step. I would like to knew the cause of all this. Else I'm in a loop and Will never fly. After i uninstalled an reinstalled only acceleration the problem of misging objects in FTXG where gone. As a happy man I installed VECTOR and the problem is back but now back. I mean hearby misging objects in a line.

FSX installed in a different folder on the root of the SSD drive. I Will post a new image later and perhaps a new error I had after installing VECTOR

I'm no rookie and already read tons of info. :-)

Best regard Eric

Hi Doug,

sorry if I have been hurting your feelings, didnt ment to (my Englisch writing could also use an update). You have been quite helpfull, like directing me to other leeds. I really appreciatie it. I have been collecting knowledge and best practices and translate them to an personal guide. You can' read experiance from a face.

I have made an full Back-up I can use as a new starterspoint, Acceleration should werk fine. Perhaps the problem lies in Microsoft .net feamework? By the way I keep a knowledgebase of all errors that occurs whith the solution regarding my dedicated flightsim pc. I hope I can figure this one out and add it as a solution.

Thanks for you're help. (By the way a friend of me lives a few 100 km from you in Mission DC. you live in a wunderfull country.)

Hi Doug,

I took a deep breath a started from scratch. Win7 installed (clean with all updates) Then FSX and FSX Acceleration (after each installation I run FSX) . then FTX Global (no problem) then FTX Vector (problem, error below). Any idea? (Text contains a little bit Dutch)

Update:

The solution is 2 create 2 folders (FTX_VECTOR_AEC and FTX_VECTOR_APT) within the 'FTX_Vector'  folder before you install the product. Then everything works fine, at least I head no error messages. My question: both folders are empty, is this normal? 

Best regards Eric

Zie het einde van dit bericht voor meer informatie over het aanroepen
van JIT-foutopsporing (Just In Time) in plaats van dit dialoogvenster.

************** Tekst van uitzondering **************
System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Kan een gedeelte van het pad D:\FSXA\ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_AEC\scenery niet vinden.
   bij System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   bij System.IO.Directory.InternalGetFileDirectoryNames(String path, String userPathOriginal, String searchPattern, Boolean includeFiles, Boolean includeDirs, SearchOption searchOption)
   bij System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(String path, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)
   bij System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(String path, String searchPattern)
   bij FtxVector.Configurator.Ui.Forms.MainForm.RefreshStatus()
   bij FtxVector.Configurator.Ui.Forms.MainForm.MainForm_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   bij System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   bij System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   bij System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   bij System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   bij System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   bij System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   bij System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   bij System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   bij System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   bij System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   bij System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   bij System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   bij System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   bij System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Geladen assembly's **************
mscorlib
    Assembly-versie: 2.0.0.0
    Win32-versie: 2.0.50727.5485 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
FtxVector.Configurator
    Assembly-versie: 1.10.0.0
    Win32-versie: 1.10.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///D:/FSXA/ORBX/FTX_VECTOR/FTX%20GLOBAL%20VECTOR%20Configuration%20Tool.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly-versie: 8.0.0.0
    Win32-versie: 8.0.50727.5483 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32-versie: 2.0.50727.5483 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32-versie: 2.0.50727.5483 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
    Win32-versie: 2.0.50727.5488 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
mscorlib.resources
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
System.Windows.Forms.resources
    Win32-versie: 2.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/2.0.0.0_nl_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll

************** JIT-foutopsporing **************
Als u JIT-foutopsporing wilt inschakelen, moet in het configuratiebestand voor deze
toepassing of computer (machine.config) de waarde
jitDebugging in het gedeelte system.windows.forms zijn ingesteld.
De toepassing moet ook zijn gecompileerd terwijl foutopsporing
was ingeschakeld.

Bijvoorbeeld:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

Wanneer JIT-foutopsporing is ingeschakeld, worden onverwerkte uitzonderingen
naar het JIT-foutopsporingsprogramma gestuurd dat op de computer is geregistreerd
en worden niet door dit dialoogvenster verwerkt.

Hi Eric

I do not know the answer to your question, but here is what my Vector Folder looks like, and the folders are full of files.

VectorFolder.png

And just as an FYI, maybe you would prefer posting in the Dutch section of the forum, although I think your English is great :))  I am very surprised that no one else has any ideas on your issue lol

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/forum/45-dutch-forum/

Hi,

The final solution to get the Vector work right is:  either procedure - is a pain I know, but it must be done!

you go on the support: https//fullterrain.com/support

and download these two patch - the Vector v1.5 and v2.0 - must to apply the two "patches"! ;

or

you download and install the new Vector brand v1.20 that is in your account in FSS!

Cheers,

Hi,

The final solution to get the Vector work right is:  either procedure - is a pain I know, but it must be done!

you go on the support: https//fullterrain.com/support

and download these two patch - the Vector v1.5 and v2.0 - must to apply the two "patches"! ;

or

you download and install the new Vector brand v1.20 that is in your account in FSS!

Cheers,

Hi the problem occurs when installing the new Vector brand v1.20 that i downloaded from FSS!

Hi again,

Then follow the first hypothesis, it was with it that we get rid of this issue.

Install the patches on top of what is already installed!

As I said is suffering, but information coming from the staff responsible for Vector are confusing. :banghead:

Good luck mate! :)

Cheers,

PS:  And, please, don't forget to click on FTX GLOBAL Vector Configuration Tool, "AEC" "run auto-configuration" tab, for it to proceed the airports registration.

Hi Voyager,

Thans, maby it is solved, using THE patch 1.5 like stated in The Dutch forum Doug pointed me to. I have files in Boch folders. Hoe many Should there be in each folder?

Thans for all support all.

Archived