Black Buildings around EGLL After new install of ORBX EU England

iescheck

Hi,

I´ve just recently upgraded my computer and am installing all over again. Have installed my 5 NA regions and after that ORBX EU England. All patches applied to EU England.  Libraries are latest (150215) and installed after all regions. In my first test flight at EGLL I noticed many buildings are just square black blocks around the scenery. Did I miss anything during the re-installation process? By the way, due to some strange behavior of my GTX970 I´m using now DX10 but not yet the DX10 fixer.

By the way, due to some strange behavior of my GTX970 I´m using now DX10 but not yet the DX10 fixer.

This might be the culprit. The black boxes are symptomatic for the missing DX10 fixer. So you need the DX10 fixer or at least the less powerfull freeware DX10 fixer V3.2.3 available in Avsim (shader_release_v3.2.3.zip)

Wulf

Those black boxes are actually your night lighting... they will appear black in DX10 mode until fixed by either the DX10 fixer, or by the free FTX Global lighting fix provided by the same guy behind the DX10 fixer tool.

Petsonally, if you're going to stick with DX10, the DX10 fixer is well worth it ad it will fix a whole lot more than just thd lighting...

By the way Rob, it seems you have a very similar rig compared to mine. Did you face any problems running FSX in its native mode (DX9)? I just couldn´t. My GTX970 got loaded to 99%, very low fps and a lot of stuttering and spiking when panning around or when loading new scenery. By using DX10 frame rates more than doubled and GPU load went down to less than 50%, comparing same scenario with DX9 - Default Cesna at KSEA, no add-ons, spot view.

I can run DX9, but not even close to the same fluidity and performance of DX10... I was never worried too much about frame per second, but those dreaded "out of memory errors" were constant. In fact for the longest time I kept away from DX10 despite its better performance because I didn't like the looks of certain aspects like the water etc, then I just sat down and studied the fixer manual, followed a few online tutorials and I doubt I'll ever go back now.

As for the lack of AA in the main GUI, I've never been able to work it out... but at least it works in sim ;)

Rob, thanks for the feedback. I don´t care much about fps also but it is indeed a starting point and comparison parameter to show you the direction to go on tweaking. Yes, definitely OOM errors were constant to a point that saving and restarting a flight was needed when flying from airports in ORBX regions... I guess with DX10 this will be past history. Now it is time to dig into the fixer manual and forums to get the best out this tool. I´m very happy with the results up to now. There was a reasonable fps decrease after the fixer, something like from average 85 fps to 65 with default Cesna at KSEA + ORBX, but now GPU is probably doing what it should, to begin with!

Archived