Question about Fall City 1WA6

billhuntsman

Whenever I start a flight at this airport, the only menu option for takeoff is the east runway.  However, I see AI traffic landing on the west runway all the time when the winds are westerly.  Can someone explain this to me?  Shouldn't I be able to select the west runway for takeoff through the FX radio menu?

Bill

I appreciate the advice, Wolter, but it did not work.  I ran 1WA6 v1 followed by the 1.1 and 1.2 patches.  Because version 1.0 said to apply the latest PNW patches after installation, I also ran PNW patches 5 and 8 after the 1.0 installation and before the two 1WA6 patches.  I finished with the latest library.

I am given many options to start the flight, including E and W, but when I start at parking #2 and use the "Select a Runway for Takeoff" option from the menu, only Runway East is listed as an option.  There is no way to select the west runway for takeoff, although AI traffic uses it.

Bill

Hi Bill,

sorry to hear that it didn't bring the desired result, wondering if it has anything to do with the Objectflow as the place is jam packed with it

Could you please try and delete the 1WA6 entry from the [Trusted] section of your fsX.cfg and then re-enable it by rightclicking the ModuleInstaller.exe and running it as Administrator

also instead of patching the old installer get the latest full version from your FSS account

Hi, Wolter.  No luck.  Select runway for takeoff still only gives "Runway East" as the only option.  Just to make sure I didn't screw anything up, here is what I did.

1) Deleted the single 1WA6 entry from the [Trusted] section of FSX.cfg & saved the file.

2) Went into the 1WA6 Scenery folder in FSX and found the ModuleInstaller there.  Ran it as administrator.

3) Chose to install the module when prompted.  Got a message about some dll being present in an xml file and its being replaced.  (Sorry, I did not write the details down)

4) Restarted FSX, said to trust the module, and set up a flight at 1WA6 in the hangar at parking 2.  Tried to select the takeoff runway and got only the East runway choice.

5) Note: I downloaded version 1.20 from FSS at your suggestion, but did not run the .exe file.  I also did not rerun the latest libraries as I had done this after my previous reinstall.  I did not think doing these changes with the trusted modules would need a library reinstall.

I honestly do not remember if I have ever been able to select Runway West for takeoff at this airport.  Is it possible that the airport was designed this way?  I would be interested in hearing if anyone else can select that runway for takeoff.

Bill

OK, please do as follows, as this thing has to work as should

First Un-install 1WA6 as follows:

basic uninstall for any FTX scenery addon

set FTX Central to default/Global, don't forget to hit "Apply"

fire up fsX, let it rebuild it's scenery Dbase

go to the scenery CP of fsX and delete the entries you want to un-install

hit OK and WAIT till the scenery Dbase is rebuild, close fsX

with windows Explorer:

Go to the => ...\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX folder, open the region folder(AU,EU,GLOBAL,NA,NZ,OLC,PI, VECTOR) of which you want to un-install the scenery,

delete the folder of the scenery you want to un-install

Go to => ...\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts

delete the scenerylib_XX_XXXX.cfg file for the particular addon you want un-installed

delete the orbx_cpl_XXXX.xml file for the particular addon you want un-installed

right-click the FTXConfigurator.exe and select to "Run as Administrator", you will not see anything happening as it is a silent application

Go to => ...\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\User Documents\Versions

delete the entry for the addon you want to un-install FTX_XX_XXXX.TXT

close windows Explorer

open FTX Central select the region you want to fly in and hit "Apply", close FTX Central

fire up fsX, it will rebuild the scenery Dbase, select the field you have un-installed and it should be back to default,

one small remark, as the payware sceneries come with a registration key, the registry key for the scenery that has been un-installed will stay present in the registry, hence when you decide to re-install the scenery it will not ask for your licence key again, unless you wipe the whole registry

now for the re-install:

Set FTX Central to NA and hit Apply

fire up fsX and let it rebuild the scenery Dbase, close fsX, WAIT till it is completely shut down, this can take a bit of time

rightclick the (latest version)1WA6 exe and select to run as Administrator, install the scenery

when the installer finishes, exit and run the latest ORBX Library files, also by rightclick and Run as Administrator

fire up fsX, say yes to the prompt to trust the 1WA6 ObjectFlow.dll

and let me know if you now can select both ends of the RWY

I can tell you that I can

Hi Wolter,

Thanks for the detailed instructions.  I followed them as written and now I can select either E or W runways for takeoff.  Fall City looks normal.

Just a couple of cleanup questions -

1) The 1WA6 v1.20 installer said that I should install the latest PNW patch AFTER installing 1WA6.  I did not do this, as it was not in your instructions.  PNW was already updated to the latest patch before today.  Do I need to run the last PNW patch as described by the installer?

2) After installing the latest library files I got the infamous message about an objectflow update.  I chose Yes to download it.  Then I got a message that the update could not be downloaded and did I want to continue anyway.  I chose Yes again and 1WA6 works as hoped.  Is there anything I need to do about the issue of the objecflow update not installing?

Thanks.

Bill

Hi Bill,

Good to hear things worked out for you there :)

@1 at the time when the 1.20 was made the PNW was updated also so it stems back from those days, I think you should be fine

@2 to my knowledge if it works you are OK, FTX Central will be updated in the near future to accommodate all these update and patch automation

I'd say enjoy flying around 1WA6 ;)

Archived