Australia Regions install - huh?

Mark Marziale

Purchased all the regions back in December 2008, haven't used FSX for 5 years or so. Now I'm getting interested again and trying to get everything together.

I found the original downloaded files and have saved all my registration information as well (though it's also in my account information on the FlightSimstore). I also found a number of files which I guess represent service patches 3 and 4. My question is, what do I install in what order?

Here's what I have:

purchased Australian regions
OrbxFTXAUBlue110.exe
OrbxFTXAUGold.exe
OrbxFTXAUGreen.exe
OrbxFTXAURed.exe

purchased Australian airports
OrbxFTXAUYMML.exe  
OrbxFTXAUYWVA.exe

SP3 (guessing)
OrbxFTXAUBlueSP3
OrbxFTXAUGoldSP3
OrbxFTXAUGreenSP3
OrbxFTXAURedSP3

SP4 (guessing)
OrbxFTXAUSP4.003.10
OrbxFTXAUSP4.003.2
OrbxFTXAUSP4.003.3
OrbxFTXAUSP4.003.4
OrbxFTXAUSP4.003.5
OrbxFTXAUSP4.003.6
OrbxFTXAUSP4.003.7
OrbxFTXAUSP4.003.8
OrbxFTXAUSP4.003.9
OrbxFTXAUSP4003.exe

Airport YWVA update?

OrbxFTXAUYWVA120

?
FTXAUSP4.003.PATCH.exe << who's this guy? SP4?

I've also read that it's desirable to install Orbx Libraries (new to me) when installing products, but I'm not sure when or for which products. Anyway I found them (FTXORBXLIBS_150215.zip) and await further instructions ;->

Currently installed: the only add ons installed into FSX sp2 are the old FSGenesis files (meshes and US landclass), and Steve's DX10 Scenery Fixer. Seriously considering buying FTX Global Base & Vector & openLC Europe. UTX USA & Canada on dvds bought way back then, might or might not install them.

Thanks!

Mark M.

Hi,

I can't help you much regarding the airports, but if you've purchased the regions from FSS (OK, I see you have ;)), you can log in to your account and "purchase" Australia SP4 (the system should recognize that you have the regions and give you a price of AUD 0.00). This gets you a single installer already updated to the latest version available.

EDIT: For the airports, you should be able to download the latest versions from FSS by going to "View my download files."

HTH,

Tym

Hi Mark,

All of Australia can now be installed with AU SP4 which is the "OrbxFTXAUSP4003.exe" file. That contains all four existing regions and their patches. For any Australian airports you own they should come from FSS fully patched now so you can download and install with no worries. Once you've downloaded and installed all your regions and airports, run the latest libraries which is FTXORBXLIBS_150215.zip. At that point everything should be installed and updated.

Cheers,

Alex

basically it is quite simple,

Set FTX Central to Australia/ Oceania hit Apply

unzipp the FTX AU SP4 file into a folder, DO NOT attempt to run the installer from within the zip file

get the latest library file here => https://www.fullterrain.com/support#Orbxlibs

when running the FTX AU SP4 installer right click and select Run as Administrator

once the installer has finished then run the latest library files also with rightclick and run as Admin

that should about cover it,

make sure to check for updates for your other installed FTX titles here => https://fullterrain.com/support

Alex beat me to it :D

Archived