FTX LAUNCH COUNTDOWN!! - Project Update

John Venema

Well we are on the final stretch.

I have just now completed a reconcilliation of all 2,988 files in the FTX RTM candidate build. We have found a few things that need a tidy up, and believe it or not, some files sent to me on the weekend were caught in a spam filter due to one of the devs changing his email address :)  Funny how the strangest things can happen eh?

The RTM candidate full-build is going out to testers this evening. We don't expect any hiccups. When I get a double-green from the testing team following install-testing onto virgin PCs,  Adrian from flightsimstore.com will prepare the e-commerce side of things and we will be ready to launch sometime tomorrow, perhaps in the morning if all goes to plan.

I still have to write the user guide, but to be honest it will be brief. FTX is truly an install-and-fly proposition and the last thing you guys want is a 200-page document full of superflous guff. We want to fly this damn scenery ourselves as well LOL.

Tomorrow, if I have time I will create the official FTX trailer. You guys will more than likely have FTX in your hands before the trailer is done, so it will be for the benefit of those who have not yet drunk the cool-aid!  ;D ;D

As a bonus, we have an introductory FSX Mission for you all to fly, in my favourite area of AU BLUE. See if you can nail the kite landing to meet Matt and I for the BBQ at South Arm Beach. I recommend you do the mission to get your first taste of FTX, and you'll even hear our dulcit tones recorded in the commentary :)

Anyway, back to work!

Great work John and the entire team.  From all the reports, the sample pics and the demonstration at the Flight Sim Forum at the Gold Coast last year there is no doubt it is the best scenery ever for flight simmers.  I have been flying this Flight Simulator since my first computer, a Tandy TRS80 way back in the late 70's early 80's and every year the sim and add ons only got better and better.  I think John and the team may very well be the leaders in Flight Sim Scenery for many years to come.  Congratulations on the eve of its release.

Wayne Laycock

Cool as cucumbers my days ends at 5:30 tommorow... all goes well 1/2 to 3/4 hour to download...time for a beer or two a play with the kids,thank the wife for dinner  and of for the BBQ at South arm beach.... yahoo !

Thanks again team.

Well done guys - the pulse rate is steadily rising - I can imagine the feeling at orbx HQ, and the release of emotions that will come at the party Wed night.  All the very best with it John - it cannot fail to be a real goer.

And to Adrian ...  brace yourself mate !!

Cheers

Well it was a hard day for me, as the day wore on my cold and flu symptoms seemed to get worse and a 5pm tonight the Boss said "Sounds like you wont be able to make it tomorrow" - "too bloody right" I mumbled under my breathe  ;)

So I'm set, can't wait to catch up with you all on Teamspeak.

Wes

It's a damn shame that I don't start my next project until 10:00am Thursday  :D I know that I will need every second spare until then.

Congrats and all the best for the launch tomorrow Koorby and the team and thanks to all the beta testers as well.

Cheers,

Tick Tick Tick Tick Tick Tick Tick Tick Tick Tick Tick Tick Tick Tick Tick Tick Tick Tick

Tick Tick Tick Tick Tick Tick Tick Tick Tick Tick Tick Tick Tick Tick Tick Tick Tick Tick

;D

Sitting here with credit card in hand...

Update: A last minute bug in the installer application was found, so we are recompiling and then uploading to the servers. We estimate Adrian will have FTX on sale sometime this afternoon, possibly as soon as 5pm ok?

Thanks so much for your patience and best wishes - we really do appreciate all the support guys!

Thanks for the update John, that's great news. Sounds like I'll be able to get it early tomorrow morning here (GMT) and have a couple of hours to gawp at it before I have to go to work  :)

a quick test flight in the carenado fsx mooney, and then I'm of to bed

setting alarm for 6am.. I can see the weathers going to be bad tomorrow, roads impassable..

I'll be BLUE with the cold.. good job I've got the internet.....  ::)

Archived