Strange Elevations at KBNG

TomG

Hi,

while exploring around the Palm Springs Airport Scenery I noticed KBNG airport has perfectly vertical cliffs surrounding the airport and runways. I tried using the North America and Global with hybrid settings in the control panel but the elevations remain the same.  It seems impossible that this is the real terrain so any ideas what setting I have incorrectly set?  Thanks.   Tom

Thanks Jarrad.  I hope I did this correctly. I have pasted the pictures below. 

It seems as if there are huge trenches with cliffs along the taxiways and runways.  Quite impossible to fly out or in.  Other airports seem fine so far.

Regards,   Tom

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/W6z

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/W64

Thanks Tom,

A couple of things: 

1. If you have any mesh products in your scenery library, make sure KPSP sits higher in the order than those. 

2. If this doesn't solve the problem, could you please confirm for me what altitude you are getting on the runway in your default C172? It should be 2223 ft.

Let me know how you go with these. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Hi Jarrad,

I checked my priority in the Scenery Library and KPSP is #3 and my highest mesh is #6 and the next mesh is #10. 

Altimeter reads about 2180 on the runway at KBNG with the setting at 30. 

Regards,  Tom                                                                                                                                                                                     

• 11 months later...

I see this has been resolved, but another issue has come up for me.  This has happened since I added the ORBX SoCal scenery.

I too had TomG's problem with the vertical walls around the airport until I did the same thing with the AEC options.  While it did remove the original issues, the airport now has other issues.  Here' is a link to a screen shot.

KBNG Airport screen shot.

If I reset the AEC, I go back to the vertical walls all over the airport.  When I turn it off, I get the above.  I have no other mesh scenery, other than the ORBX Palm Springs add-on PSP

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Mike

Your screen shot is an xml.  And you would be better off starting a new post. Piggy backing on something that is resolved won't get attention.

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
      <Error><Code>AccessDenied</Code><Message>Access Denied</Message><RequestId>48C5690D652675DB</RequestId><HostId>laHR3KQWAIwkIKNyYAiDMkzsNPYaG/4JmiAI/2/ahocfSyZ9RPXjhCXxvhduZ++sSlRkNyFXXNM=</HostId></Error>

Archived