Floating objects and 50 ' snow drifts on runway at PAJN

IFR7700

Hello,

I have updated PAJN to the latest version (1.10), and re-run the latest ORBX libraries.  I have run the FTX Vector Configurator, but PAJN does not show up on either side.

I have floating planes, houses, lights, etc., and I have huge snow drifts across the runway.  The runway tunnels below the snow drift.  The FTX configurator has always corrected these types of problems, but PAJN doesn't even show up as an addon.

Help!

Dennis

Problem solved.  It appears that I did not install SAK properly.  After a complete uninstall of SAK and PAJN, I reinstalled both sceneries step by step and checked each install for proper operation.  The problem went away after I uninstalled SAK, and stayed away after each re-installation of patches, etc.

I recently did a full reinstall of Windows and my FSX.  Even though I tried to be thorough on each ORBX installation, the sheer magnitude of the endeavor lent itself to my making a couple of mistakes, and this was one of them.  I'm trying to learn the ORBX operation pertaining to FSX installation, and it's both fascinating and overwhelming at times.  One thing is for certain, there is a lot of talent on these forums to help when needed.

I get to do the entire thing again in about a week when all the parts for my new build get here.  As the kids say these days... "woo hoo".

I was advised to make an image copy of both my Windows drive and my FSX drive in order to avoid having to reinstall everything should Windows be corrupted, forcing a complete reinstall of everything.  You might consider the same when you get to the point of reinstalling everything again.  It should save you a ton of trouble.  Acronis was the software recommended by two other forum members.

Stew

Great advice, Stew.  Unfortunately, (or fortunately) I'm upgrading my CPU and motherboard.  That requires a new OEM version of Windows 7.  I guess I could clone my FSX drive.  I'm a bit worried because this will be the third motherboard my FSX will be installed.  My understanding is Microsoft will only allow activations on two different machines before your key is invalid.  We'll see.  I should have bought 10 copies of FSX back in 2011 when it was available for $28.00.  FSX Gold is not available for retail sale that I could find.

Archived