YMML on FSX

calum438

We have recently purchased Your YMML SP1 Product for FSX. Since we have loaded YMML every flight I have done freezes a few minutes after I start the flight.  The Screen Freezes and the waiting symbol appears. After about a minute FSX exits and “An error has occurred†box appears and FSX exits.  Could you please help us  with this problem. 

Calum 438

Order #FSS0025300

We have recently purchased Your YMML SP1 Product for FSX. Since we have loaded YMML every flight I have done freezes a few minutes after I start the flight.  The Screen Freezes and the waiting symbol appears. After about a minute FSX exits and “An error has occurred†box appears and FSX exits.  Could you please help us  with this problem. 

Calum438

Order# FSS0025300

Also,

I have had trouble getting the Settings wright for YMML. Finally O think I have got them right the scenery is good and the Plane is flying smoothly, but the Buildings are black. On a Previous try I waited 20 Min and still not all the buildings had got colour to them.

can You PLease Help Calum

Calum,

Black boxes where textures should be is a classic sign of memory exhaustion. There are two areas of interest when looking at available memory, main system memory and graphics card memory. Before we continue could you provide your overall system specs including the total capacity of both these memory types.

This may be due to either insufficient memory available in your system to support the detail level you currently have selected, or there may be problems with a memory module. Do you ever have any unexpected blue screen crashes, or other program freezings?

Russ.

Russ,

Are we talking about YMML or Port Maquarie Airport, Because Melbourne is Just black buildings-the same as Port Maquarie.

I have re-installed POrt Maquarie a few minutes a go and am about to check it out again.

calum

Russ,

Forget about Port Maquarie I learnt from John that I need AU Gold

calum

Well the same applies to YMML - you need AU BLUE for that airport, as it relies on FTX roads/traffic and 3D lighting fx to work correctly. It's clearly stated in the user guide and also we market and sell it as an FTX airport, not a stand-alone FSX airport.

I deleted FTX YMML from my Scenery library and that seems to have reduced the amount of times FSx freezes , but I still want to use YMML, can someone please help my other FTX products are AU blu demo, Port Macquarie, Hognermesh and OZx 2.00

Hi Calum, thanks for that info, however we are still missing any information in regards to your graphics card (GPU)

in that Dxdiag tool I showed you, click the "display" tab and you will find out what your graphics card is

then just add your specs to your Profile>>Signature like this:

CPU: Pentium D  2.9ghz

Ram: 2gb

GPU: xxxxx

FTX Order number:25300

it will make it so much easier for us to help you and we will never have to ask you again ;)

Cheers

Tim

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Calum,

Your system is on the lower specs in terms of running YMML at high details settings. In particular Autogen and AI Traffic settings will have a large affect on performance. The best advice is to read through the YMML Setup guide provided with the scenery. Start with the lowest settings then increase them one by one testing each one to see what effect it has.

Also ensure you have FSX SP1 and SP2 installed.

You need to ensure your FSX settings are appropriate to your systems capability. YMML is very tuneable so also use the YMML Config tool.

Other things that will help is a deep and thorough Defrag of your hard drive, which will help texture loading times. Make sure you are not trying to do to much at once with any other programs.

The actual loading time of the scenery is because YMML has two very large high detailed Photoreal components which are the slowest part of scenery loading at start up. Try starting a flight in a default area, and you will notice the load time to much faster. The only way to speed up load time is a faster CPU and Hard drive arrangement. All Photoreal areas have slower load times than non PR areas.

Archived