Not sure installation correct; global and vector in prepar3d v2.4

DocHolidays

FTX Global Order # FSS0352772

Ftx Vector Order #FSS0352447

Hi all,

I'm back into flight simming after many years and bought/installed (in this order):

1. Fsx steam edition

2.prepar3d v2

3.Rex

4.Ftx global iceland demo into pp3d

5.Ftx pacific NW demo

Deleted fsx steam edition to save space

6.Ftx global base  (installed after applying global in ftx central since had iceland demo already)

7.Ftx global vector

Relevant Info?

I've only brought over a few planes from fsx to prepar3d and downloaded a couple freeware planes

My only edit was to copy fsx.exe to prepar3d main folder (someone suggested it on a forum)

Error occurred right before end of installation of Vector: "unhandled exception, no backup found."

I then continued anyway and it said installation of global vector was successful.

I also just noted that I have three ftx central links under orbx in windows 7 programs, two ftx central p3d links and one saying just "ftx central"

The Problem

I flew 4-5 flights now and I noticed significant stutter and some frame rate drops and my scenery isn't looking very much like the screenshots on Orbx website. However before I installed global and vector, the iceland demo ran relatively stutter free 20-60 fps with most settings maxed except shadows, reflections, and AI.  I followed the guide that came with ftx global and settings for fsx (although i'm running it in prepar3d).  So question is how do I know if or where something went wrong and how do I know if I am I seeing default prepar3d scenery or ftx global?

I tried to be thorough with my information but let me know if there is anything I need to add to this.

Current Hardware (i'm about to upgrade):

windows 7

I5 750 oc 3.4 ghz

8 gb memory

r9 290 xfx dd black edition

seagate 320 mb hard drive

psu: antec blue 750

Anyone? I have an I7 4790k, ssd, and gtx 970 en route if that helps. I just want to know if I should start all over and delete everything and do clean reinstall. Trouble is that it was pretty clean in the first place. Thanks in advance for any input.

Ftx central now says it is missing a couple tree files as well, two types of palm trees, when I do a scenery verification.

Also should I reinstall iceland demo over global since i had previously installed it and then installed global?

Hi there,

I assume you installed Global Base and Vector with their respective triple installers and then the current Orbx Libraries, from our support page, as the last step? And also read the manuals to check for suggested display settings etc.?

If you're unsure whether those two add-ons installed correctly you can post some representative screenshots so we can confirm; see http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/38447-how-to-post-a-screenshot-on-the-orbx-forums/

No need to reinstall any of the demos. For the error message with the palm trees please see http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/92021-object-reference-not-set-to-an-instance-of-an-object/?p=836345

Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger,

Thank you for responding. Sorry I was awol for a bit as my new pc parts arrived. I did a clean install of prepar3d 2.5 because of the new motherboard.  I appreciate your suggestions and I will try them if I have any trouble with this install. I understand that orbx isn't yet compatible with 2.5 correct?

Thanks,

Justin

Hi mate,

You enter in the title of your thread that your P3D is version 2.4. With this information the solutions suggested by Holger are for P3Dv2.4.

Now you say you're with Prepar3D version 2.5! ::)

You have to read what says John Venema in those threads:

and post # 25 in this thread:

Cheers,

Archived