FTX Triple Installers - are more than what they say

antonvs

I know call me a bit slow, but I was just reading the details of the new installers and for the first time realised that the a more than just new installers, they have updates as well.

I only have FSX so I wrongly assumed they were only ment for P3D users. As the saying goes you live and learn. I will now be checking and downloading maybe heaps of Triple installers.

Maybe this will help anybody else that has been caught out by this (if you are brave enought to admit it). Lesson for me read notifications more carefully.

I have just had a look at the Support page on the FTX Web page (https://www.fullterrain.com/support#naairport) and realise why I fell into this trap, the updates in the Triple installers do not fall into the product update version numbers. Perhaps this could be concidered then we would know of installer updates through way. Then again this may not be an issue when the new FTX Central is released.

Thanks for all the effort that I have been missing out on. Cheers Anton.

Hi Anton,

the updated installers are listed in the release announcements, also when they are released the files at the FSS servers get updated to the latest version, be aware that not all installers are updated to triple installers yet but the large majority is

Hi Anton,

The new FTX Central will inform you if there is a triple installer for you to download from FSS:

Shouldn't be too long until it's ready to release!

Ben

Thanks Wolter and Ben, I will watch the updates carefully. But I maintain there is still a bit of whole in the process.

I will use 3W5 Concrete released on 6 Jan 2105 as an example.

1. The update page on the FTX web does not show 3W5 as updated

2. In the release notices in the forum 3W5 is listed as "The triple installer for 3W5 has been released." but nowhere does it say what version the release is.

It is only when you download the file and run the install that you find out that it is version 115 (I had 110). By not listing the version number anywere at present and before you download it, it is hard to know. Hope you can see my point.

Anyway Ben as you say the new Central should take care of that, I am very much looking forward to it. cheers

Archived