Introducing Alae Abundia

pilottj

Hey Guys, I have customized the N1029G scheme to a personal edition and am ready to take the T Duke on a global trek. I named my airplane Alae Abundia. Abundia is a shortform name of the Roman Goddess Abundantia...the Goddess of Abundance, Plenty, Fertility...etc. Alae is 'wings of'. I even created a signature for the event lol.

avsimsig2.jpg

Anyway, I took Abundia from Monterrey to Spokane Felts Field for an overhaul and '0'd the meter for the trip.

PILOT-PC-2015-feb-5-015.th.jpg PILOT-PC-2015-feb-6-021.th.jpg PILOT-PC-2015-feb-5-012.th.jpg PILOT-PC-2015-feb-6-022.th.jpg PILOT-PC-2015-feb-5-003.th.jpg

Off we go on a night ride to New Orleans KNEW, then on to St Maarten, Suriname, Brazil, then jump the Atlantic to Cape Verde, then probably to Cassablanca and on to Europe, at least thats what I have planned so far.

PILOT-PC-2015-feb-6-025.th.jpg

Cheers

TJ

Five hours or so and 1700nm later, shutting down at KNEW. Note the fuel status from the previous cockpit shot, to this one here just before shutdown, and compare to the GTN fuel calculations. Only about 5gal off, which is pretty damn good considering such a long trip with varying tailwinds.  Tomorrow a run to Jamaica.

PILOT-PC-2015-feb-6-008.th.jpg PILOT-PC-2015-feb-6-007.th.jpg

Archived