Palm Springs Terminal Parking

birdguy

Order# FSS0324243

I have overlapping parking at the Palm Springs Terminal. In one instance I have an aircraft facing west and directly on top of it another aircraft facing east.

Then I have an aircraft at the gate and another aircraft right next to it and the wings of each aircraft go through the fuselage of the adjacent aircraft.

I reinstalled Palm Springs; ran the configurator; and installed the library. The problem persists.

AFX shows three AFCADs:

MOD 221 ADE_FTX_FTXG_KPSP.BGL

MOD 212 Westsim_APX_KPSP.BGL

STOCK 22 APX16190.BGL

All three have parking spots.

Noel Sivertson

G'day Noel, 

MOD 221 ADE_FTX_FTXG_KPSP.BGL

This will be the most likely cause of your problems. This is Neil's freeware rendition of KPSP; our payware Palm Springs installer includes a script to remove this file so I'm sorry I'm not sure why it didn't clean it up for you. No worries, it will be an easy fix:

1. Go to your ORBX\FTX_GLOBAL\FTX_FTXG_AIRPORTS\Scenery folder

2. Find the following two files and rename them:

ADE_FTX_FTXG_KPSP.BGL rename to ADE_FTX_FTXG_KPSP.BGL.OFF

ADE_FTX_FTXG_KPSP_CVX.bgl rename to ADE_FTX_FTXG_KPSP_CVX.bgl.OFF

3. For good measure, in the same folder, find and rename these two files too:

ADE_FTX_FTXG_KBNG.BGL rename to ADE_FTX_FTXG_KBNG.BGL.OFF

ADE_FTX_FTXG_KBNG_CVX.bgl rename to ADE_FTX_FTXG_KBNG_CVX.bgl.OFF

Those last two files are Neil's version of Banning Municipal - this is one of the two additional fields included with (the payware) KPSP and will also have clashes if Neil's version hasn't been removed.  

Let me know how you go, and if that solves the problem for you.

Cheers,

Jarrad

• 1 month later...

G'day Noel, 

This will be the most likely cause of your problems. This is Neil's freeware rendition of KPSP; our payware Palm Springs installer includes a script to remove this file so I'm sorry I'm not sure why it didn't clean it up for you. No worries, it will be an easy fix:

1. Go to your ORBX\FTX_GLOBAL\FTX_FTXG_AIRPORTS\Scenery folder

2. Find the following two files and rename them:

ADE_FTX_FTXG_KPSP.BGL rename to ADE_FTX_FTXG_KPSP.BGL.OFF

ADE_FTX_FTXG_KPSP_CVX.bgl rename to ADE_FTX_FTXG_KPSP_CVX.bgl.OFF

3. For good measure, in the same folder, find and rename these two files too:

ADE_FTX_FTXG_KBNG.BGL rename to ADE_FTX_FTXG_KBNG.BGL.OFF

ADE_FTX_FTXG_KBNG_CVX.bgl rename to ADE_FTX_FTXG_KBNG_CVX.bgl.OFF

Those last two files are Neil's version of Banning Municipal - this is one of the two additional fields included with (the payware) KPSP and will also have clashes if Neil's version hasn't been removed.  

Let me know how you go, and if that solves the problem for you.

Cheers,

Jarrad

I tired this and nearly all issues were resolved except for the small ATC tower, there is a duplicate tower sticking through. I found a file called FTX_FTXG_KPSP_objects.bgl   and renamed it to FTX_FTXG_KPSP_objects.bgl.off  that seems to have taken care of it.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Jarrad,

This could be a fascinating development.  I do not have ORBX\FTX_GLOBAL\FTX_FTXG_AIRPORTS\Scenery folder, nor do I have any of the files names shown above.  They simply do not exist on my hard drive.  Here's what I do have: ORBX\FTX_AU, FTX_NA, FTX_OLC, FTX_VECTOR, Scripts, and User Documents.  This can't be good, right?  Your expertise is much need here.  ??? 

Thank you,

Javier

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Thanks Jared and Slayer,

When I initially installed Palm Springs all was great. When I went back to it recently, all hell had broken loose. Elevations were screwed up which Jarrads's cure resolved (posted above) and  thanks...but some of the objects were also screwed up including Slayer's KPSP tower (as described). One other issue was the open repair hangar door (across from main terminal) formerly displaying a maintenance crew working on a jet with its tail protruding from the hangar. Because of this recent anomaly  the hangar door display was closed with the tail protruding from it.

I cannot say for sure but I suspect a recent employment of FTX Central 2 might have been the culprit. There were duplicate files of

ADE_FTX_FTXG_KPSP.BGL   AND   ADE_FTX_FTXG_KPSP.BGL.OFF

ADE_FTX_FTXG_KPSP_CVX.bgl      AND     ADE_FTX_FTXG_KPSP_CVX.bgl.OFF

I simply removed the originals leaving the "OFF" files. I will now try Slayer's solution for "objects" below.

"I tired this and nearly all issues were resolved except for the small ATC tower, there is a duplicate tower sticking through. I found a file called FTX_FTXG_KPSP_objects.bgl   and renamed it to FTX_FTXG_KPSP_objects.bgl.off  that seems to have taken care of it."

Thanks to both of you for posting the issue and solutions, clearly.

Stofvel

G'day Stofvel,

Could you go to your ORBX\FTX_GLOBAL\FTX_FTXG_AIRPORTS\Scenery folder and totally delete any of the following files you find:

ADE_FTX_FTXG_KPSP.BGL

ADE_FTX_FTXG_KPSP.BGL.OFF

ADE_FTX_FTXG_KPSP_CVX.bgl

ADE_FTX_FTXG_KPSP_CVX.bgl.OFF

ADE_FTX_FTXG_KBNG.BGL

ADE_FTX_FTXG_KBNG.BGL.OFF

ADE_FTX_FTXG_KBNG_CVX.bgl

ADE_FTX_FTXG_KBNG_CVX.bgl.OFF

If that doesn't solve your problem, could you post up a couple of screenshots (one of the tower, one of the open Skywest hangar etc) and that'll help identify the exact problem.

Cheers,

Jarrad

Thanks Jarrad for the quick response.

Adding the suffix OFF to files you had already designated at the beginning of this post, here, actually resolved ALL my issues with KPSP and adding OFF to "FTX_FTXG_KPSP_objects.bgl" that Slayer posted here resolved the problem with Skywest Hangar and the Tower.

I was just saying thanks for posting the solutions here - praise where due.

It's been a while since I've done some flying at your Palm Springs creation and it is truly a masterpiece. Thanks again Jarrad for the attention to detail. This time around I've been flying helos -  Palm Springs was made for them!

Stofvel

Archived