Missing airport buildings

jeffeven

Order Number: FSS0321846

Probably some rookie mistake but I have suddenly lost all my airport buildings.  Installed latest orbxlib still nothing.  I did accidently delete a number of files that showed up in my "documents" file... like hundreds.  Can't remember the file extension but it was something like .anb... don't remember exactly.  Have been using ORBX Global for several months and this is the first problem I've encountered.

Would appreciate your advice.

Jeff Even

Rocklin, CA, USA

looks like you'll need to re run the Global main installer again to get the files back, you can also go to your FSS account and download the latest version from there, saves getting all the patches, also do not forget to run the latest library files last, all available here => https://www.fullterrain.com/support#Orbxlibs

Took some screenshots of my settings, etc. but am unable to attach them.  Setting all mid-level with scenery complexity: extremely dense and autogen density: dense and special effects detail: high.  Also on my scenery library settings I have the following checked and active:

FTXAA_ORBXLIBS

FTX_AA_GLOBAL AIRPORTS

ORBXIOPENLC_EUROPE

ORBXIOPENLC_NAMERICA1

ORBXIOPENLC_BASE

ADDON SCENERY

MY TRAFFIC 2013

PROPELLER OBJECTS

DEFAULT SCENERY

GLOBAL, GENERIC & VEHICLE LIBRARIES

LAS VEGAS

1107 BASE - 000 BASE

DEFAULT TERRAIN

Really sorry to be such a pest but it bothers me that everything was fine for so long and now... it's not.

Thanks again, Wolter

Jeff

Thanks, Wolter... here you go...

Jeff

jeffscenerysettings.jpg

Just a quick observation based on your screenshot of the scenery library...

I notice you have "disabled" the default scenery?

FTX Global will replace your textures and autogen, but it does not do anything to the remaining scenery elements (have a read of this guide to learn more about the various scenery "layers" and what each product does and doesn't do: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/74345-the-definitive-guide-to-ftx-products-the-go-to-source-of-ftx-information/ )

In other words, disabling your default scenery is going to disable a lot of stuff that you might just want to keep... (like airport buildings ;) ). I'm also not seeing the specific default scenery items like Edwards AFB etc... are they just moved further down, or are they removed completely? Again, it's best not to touch the default entries... FTX product installers will fit the products into your scenery library around the default entries automatically, in the proper locations...

Go ahead and turn your default scenery back on and see if that helps...

Geez, Rob... I don't know in what fit of madness I disabled those sceneries.   YOU WERE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!  That was the problem.  All's well  now.  Thanks to you and Wolter for the great support..

Jeff Even

Rocklin, CA

Archived