After cloning FSX to new disc Central pathway is incorrect

texerrn

Recently installed a new hard drive disk upgrade. Cloned entire FSX to the new disk. Used the FSX registry to change the registry location. Everything seemed to work well. However yesterday I tried to install the new update for Alaska. Now I see I  have an error with the installer as Central still shows the pathway to the old FSX location. I thought I read of a fix, maybe something about running a 'script' , but I can not find it now. Is there a way to rectify this issue?

Unless you have a good reason not to, might it be

easier to amend the drive letter of your new drive

to match the letter of your old drive?

No registry editing would then be required.

In any case, to complete the process after amending the

registry, it will be necessary to reinstall the latest library

to the new location.

Is the installer pointing to the correct location?

Thanks I will go and try changing the drive letters, good idea. I tried installing new libraries. Central will not come up at all. Installers do not show correct path. Ie old drive was D drive. I now have a new drive F. FSX is now on F but all Orbx products want to install to old location D. I tried to reinstall something, SAC and libraries think it might find FSX but it did not work. Unfortunatly I already deleted. Y original FSX from the D drive thinking there might have been some conflict.

Thanks Nick. Already fixed. Changed new drive to D and original to K for a back up drive. Seems to work. Tried the latest update to SAC it installed without issue. This change was to try to have FSX on a faster and larger drive. I chose a 1 TB WesternDigital. Need to try it out some to see if it was really worth the effort.

Archived