Taxiways, buildings missing YPPH

BaxterBj1956

All was working well with my ORBX AUS, I installed HDAIRPORT graphics and don't have buildings or taxiways at Perth YPPH airport.

Uninstalled HDAIRPORT graphics and still no buildings.

installed a freeware airport and still nothing.

Can I reinstall ORBX AUS over the top of what is on my computer in the hope my airport returns?

I am running P3Dv2.

Brian Baxter

Hi Brian,

Our AU region package doesn't alter the default airports including Perth. Thus, re-installing it won't do you any good. Perhaps you've been using some other add-on for the airport itself? The missing taxiways would indicate so as that's a typical issue when using FSX airport facility files in P3Dv2.

Cheers, Holger

Thankyou, Yes it was an old FSX scenery file I installed into P3Dv2, I have the runways, gates, but nothing else.

Any ideas I how I could fix Perth, I guess Im really waiting for a ORBX Perth Airport, but I guess Ill have to stand inline?

Thankyou, Yes it was an old FSX scenery file I installed into P3Dv2, I have the runways, gates, but nothing else.

Any ideas I how I could fix Perth, I guess Im really waiting for a ORBX Perth Airport, but I guess Ill have to stand inline?

Hi Baxter as far as I'm aware ORBX have no plans to do anymore major airports in Australia, like you I'd love 'em to do Perth and the cbd because I live there and I have to make do with other third party scenery  and would love them to do it along with a lot of other people, but hey it's a big world out there so I'm sure we'll cope ;-)

As for getting your scenery back to normal if you are using P3d I have no idea but ask on the P3d section of these forums and I'm sure you'll get it sorted they're pretty good on here Mate.

Hi Folks,

I decided to do a repair through P3Dv2, don't know what damage it will do to my ORBX AUST or any of the other software I have installed, but here goes nothing.

It was quiet interesting, I could go to my default flight in Alaska or anywhere other than Australia, if I tried to load up YPPH or YPJT, I got the white screen of death indicating my video driver had crashed but had restored itself. Needless to say, my P3Dv2 had stopped responding and my Multi Crew Experience.

Ill keep you posted. I can see it being a full uninstall then wait and purchase 2.5 P3dv2.

BRIAN

Archived