Problem with XSCB ICAO for Canberra

Ben77

Hi,

There are two other forum posts related to this issue but I still have a question, it relates specifically to an issue with the Eaglesoft Citation X 2.0 FMS.

The way that this aircraft's FMS works is by using the nearest airport ICAO as it's ORIGIN entry automatically. By using the GPS in another aircraft I can see that in the NEAREST AIRPORT page that XSCB is at the top of the list when located at Canberra followed by YSCB second. The bearing and distance to both ICAOs are identical but I guess alphabetical order determines which one is listed first here.

xFvX8Jm.jpg

Here is a shot of the Eaglesoft Citation X 2.0's FMS at the initialisation page

UZY23eS.jpg

Unfortunately for me this renders the FMS useless as no runway or departure information for Canberra is accessible through the FMS using XSCB and it will not take YSCB as an entry over the top. I know this is a limitation with the Eaglesoft Citation X's FMS programming but to be fair no real world airport has two conflicting ICAOs at the one location. 

I understand the reasoning for the XSCB designation for the purposes of GA AI operating out of RWY 12/30 but is it at all possible for a work-around to this very specific issue myself and a few other simmers are experiencing? 

Maybe a re designation to ZSCB or YSCC so at least it will appear after YSCB in the NEAREST AIRPORT listings?

Thank you

Archived