Is the Freeware only for existing Customers?

Hiya

Interested in getting the global pack, but would like to see how ORBX scenery/Airports work with my current set up

I have so far installed from the freeware section CEJ4 Claresholm and KHQM Bowerman which I have since noticed it says must have Full Payware :-(

Is the full payware part the same for all the Freeware page?

I ask because I am not seeing anything different :-(

Thanks for your help

Paul

Hi Paul

Yes, you need to have the payware FTX Global Base installed first, then you can download and install the #1-20 Global freeware airport packs.

Also you will need to have the payware Orbx Regions first, then you can download and install the full custom freeware airports such as CEJ4 and KHQM.

Also have look at the below link for more info. :)

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/74347-the-definitive-guide-to-ftx-products-the-go-to-source-of-ftx-information/

Cheers

Doug

Thank you Doug

I thought that was the case after installing them lol

Last thing though, I have a new pc hence why I am trying to see how good things look. My last pc I did have Launceston freeware from here without any payware stuff. Is that a different thing all together?

Thanks again

Paul

Hi Paul,

As my friend Vlad says it's OK to install the freeware packs without the the payware behind it but understand that some airports will have surrounding texture issues as they were designed to work with Global LC which has some add'l textures from default FSX.

Cheers, Neil

Just been looking at the many options to us all and am a little confused

There seems to be a lot a terrains and airports etc. Do I need to buy and install global base first before these will work?

IE, Could I buy England Terrain on its own and have great looking scenery?

Best would be for now to download this guide:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/74345-the-definitive-guide-to-ftx-products-the-go-to-source-of-ftx-information/

and have a good read.

Another essential information is here: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/61929-ftx-global-what-is-it-all-about/

From this you'll get a good idea what to expect and what not (to avoid any disappointments). 

If you're looking for example at England only, just buy the FTX England full regional pack (you can always add Wales, Ireland and Scotland :) ). There is everything you'll need for an excellent flying experience. How it all fits together you can see and enjoy in the free Iceland (and Olympic Peninsula or Tasmania). It's free - download it and give it a go. But all this is described above in the guides... 

Had a look at the free stuff and indeed looks great

I then decided to buy something. Was going to buy the Global, but as that would only slightly improve the overall across the world, thought I would just buy the England scenery which totally transforms England which is where i am normally anyway.

All in all i am very pleased and will eventually get Global :-)

Thanks for your help

Paul

Archived