FTX Scotland no lights on lighthouses

eisenopferd

Hi Folks,

I am flying around in FTX SCO and have the VFR Charts from the area. In the charts the lighthouses are noted with the blinking cheme (20sec for example).

But I cant see any lights at the lighthouses but there are a fiew effects from ORBX in the effects folder (fx_Orbx_lighthouse_white_6s.fx for example).

Is there something wrong with my installation? I only can see a white texture inside the lighthouse but no effect.

Thanks /Hendrik/

Hi Wolter, yes Vector Road Lights are on. Libs reinstalled.

But I have to ask again: Do you have Lights in your Lighthouses? Is there somewhere a light in a lighthouse in a FTX Scenery? (I do only have FTX SCO)

Is this a ORBX issue or a problem with my installation?

/Hendrik/

Hi Hendrik,

there's no mention of the lighthouses in the SCO Google Earth file's section on Points of Interest and I don't see any indication of effect placement files in the SCO scenery folders either. I've jumped to a couple of lighthouses (using a Wikipedia list) and the objects placed are those locations were all default lighthouse models, which don't have effects attached. In short, the answer is "no lights or beams".

Adding suitable light effects would make for a nice user/community project...

Cheers, Holger

Thanks Holger for the answer.

So I will try to place your ORBX effects in to the lighthouses.

Where can we share those Comunity-Addon-Files? I also placed a fiew additional castles to SCO from the ORBX library. Where can we share these files?

/Hendrik/

Archived